Become our sponsor and display your banner here

L/flak regt h. Göring

Article about: Good morning! Can I get some of your very helpful opinions to this ID-Disc. I intend do buy it but I'm not sure. I think it's original. EKM, Erkennungsmarke Luftwaffe: FLAK REGT HG 2.BATTERI

Default L/flak regt h. Göring

Good morning!

Can I get some of your very helpful opinions to this ID-Disc. I intend do buy it but I'm not sure. I think it's original.

EKM, Erkennungsmarke Luftwaffe: FLAK REGT HG 2.BATTERIE, Alu-Ausführung, TOP | eBay

Greetings

Tiger IV

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

?

Yeah, that's a bit weird to be fake LOL I'd take a chance on it simply because it has such a unique text stamp- and it's just a Flak unit, which isn't super valuable, even if it is HG. I don't see anything suspicious about it, and what's there actually looks perfectly normal.
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

Here is the picture in case the link goes away. (Which it eventually will.)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LW-Flak-HG-ID.jpg 
Views:	144 
Size:	142.9 KB 
ID:	648885  

?

Good call Roger- I should have thought of that LOL

Notice how the text stamp is all the fixed elements:

'I./FLAK REGT H. GöRING
    BATTERIE'

And the Batterie number is added in separately (notice how it's not in line, and angled slightly) since it's the variable- i.e., pre-stamped discs can be used for any of the Batterien in the I. Abteilung. It's also neat to note that the full text block stamp was hand-made; notice how the two 'G's in 'GöRING' are slightly different; if this were a modern computer-driven milling machine-made stamp, all the duplicate letters would be identical (unless the faker decides to be unbelievably clever LOL).

Thanks for your help friends. If I understood everything right you think also the ID-Disc is original?

@MattL
    What can I pay for it (Value)?

Greetings

Chris

?

Correct. And sorry, I have no idea- I've not seen what any HG discs are selling for, let alone a Flak one. It's worth what you'd be willing to pay for it LOL

A very wise advice...:-)

?

Tiger, I have seen other HG Flak disks for sale around 100 euro I don't know what they are worth and I did not buy them at that price. Good luck!

Sold for 151 EUR!!! That's crazy...

?

Wow- that's crazy indeed. Someone clearly didn't realize there were a LOT of HG units; a whole Divison's worth and more- and they weren't Fallschirmjäger LOL They're not even really rare- I've seen lots of HG discs over the years. This one's nice, but it's just Flak- not even an HG Panzer unit or anything...