Luftwaffe disk with "T" stamp

Article about: Hello all, I am being offered this disk and I want you guys to check it out. Here is how it is described: stab2/K.G.z.b.v. 1 - Luftwaffe transport. T = tropical inoculation I have never hear

?

Default Luftwaffe disk with "T" stamp

Hello all,

I am being offered this disk and I want you guys to check it out. Here is how it is described:

stab2/K.G.z.b.v. 1 - Luftwaffe transport. T = tropical inoculation

I have never heard of "tropical inoculation" is that true?

Is the unit correct?

THANKS!!!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	db6febe5f6c2.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	321.9 KB 
ID:	521848   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0bc6aa1c4960.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	150.8 KB 
ID:	521849  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Luftwaffe disk with "T" stamp

Hello,

"T" was abbreviation from Tetanus Schutzimpfung (tetanus vaccination). You can find it mostly on the German airborne units ID tags.

?

Default Re: Luftwaffe disk with "T" stamp

I've always heard that's just a theory- do you know if there's clear proof of it Stacez or is it still just a likely explanation?

I doubt it's a 'tropical inoculation'- I've seen a number of discs from units that went to Africa, and I even have a formal tropical Flak unit disc- actually marked 'Trop.'- that has no 'T' stamp on it.

It's interesting- I've never seen it on a flying unit disc, only, as Stacez suggests, on Fallschirmjäger unit discs...

And the unit designation is slightly mistaken- it's Stab II. not Stab 2.- one's a Gruppe, the other is just a Staffel so they're quite different.
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...