Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Luftwaffe disk with "T" stamp

Article about: Hello all, I am being offered this disk and I want you guys to check it out. Here is how it is described: stab2/K.G.z.b.v. 1 - Luftwaffe transport. T = tropical inoculation I have never hear

?

Default Luftwaffe disk with "T" stamp

Hello all,

I am being offered this disk and I want you guys to check it out. Here is how it is described:

stab2/K.G.z.b.v. 1 - Luftwaffe transport. T = tropical inoculation

I have never heard of "tropical inoculation" is that true?

Is the unit correct?

THANKS!!!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe disk with "T" stamp   Luftwaffe disk with "T" stamp  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe disk with "T" stamp
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Luftwaffe disk with "T" stamp

Hello,

"T" was abbreviation from Tetanus Schutzimpfung (tetanus vaccination). You can find it mostly on the German airborne units ID tags.

?

Default Re: Luftwaffe disk with "T" stamp

I've always heard that's just a theory- do you know if there's clear proof of it Stacez or is it still just a likely explanation?

I doubt it's a 'tropical inoculation'- I've seen a number of discs from units that went to Africa, and I even have a formal tropical Flak unit disc- actually marked 'Trop.'- that has no 'T' stamp on it.

It's interesting- I've never seen it on a flying unit disc, only, as Stacez suggests, on Fallschirmjäger unit discs...

And the unit designation is slightly mistaken- it's Stab II. not Stab 2.- one's a Gruppe, the other is just a Staffel so they're quite different.
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...