Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Luftwaffe ID Tag

Article about: Hello gentlemen. Based on all the posts I've read on this forum I know that many people post photos of ID tags to determine if they are real. I'm another one of those people. I bought this t

?

Default Luftwaffe ID Tag

Hello gentlemen. Based on all the posts I've read on this forum I know that many people post photos of ID tags to determine if they are real. I'm another one of those people. I bought this tag online...yes, from a guy in Russia. Can you tell me if its real or fake?Luftwaffe ID Tag Thanks in advance for your help!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe ID Tag
    P
    Many

?

I noticed a bunch of folks have looked at my post. Would anyone like to make an assessment as to the reality of this ID tag? The description said it was recovered at Pitomnik Airfield. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

I am not a dog tag expert but to be honest and I can not put my hands it does not give me a good feeling. I am all ways cautious of anything coming out of Russia
    Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

It's only a Luftwaffe construction unit so i doubt it's faked but there again!....

Why L.W. for Luftwaffe and no Lw. ?
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

?

thanks for the input everyone. Gunny could you tell me more details about the tags? Could you decipher it for me please.how could you tell it was a construction unit?

Quote by RF4guy View Post
    thanks for the input everyone. Gunny could you tell me more details about the tags? Could you decipher it for me please.how could you tell it was a construction unit?
    It's the "Bau" in Baukomp, Bauarbeiter is a building/construction worker as Schiffbauer is a ship builder. Komp is short for Kompanie (company)!...

?

so kind of like civil engineers combat engineers in modern military?can you also decipher the numbers on there for me I really appreciate your help thanks gunny

No expert on these friend but 321 is the guys number on the roll!...

?

makes me think it's probably real if that's the case.only makes sense that the ones that are faked or SS or Gestapo or from a famous or inFAMOUS unit. Construction Company? not so much

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast