Become our sponsor and display your banner here

LW Erkennungsmarke

Article about: Friends, Let's see if you can help me with a LW erkennungsmarke. I am very divided when it comes to collecting Erkennungsmarken but if I am as sure as I can be they are OK and is within my a

Default LW Erkennungsmarke

Friends,

Let's see if you can help me with a LW erkennungsmarke.

I am very divided when it comes to collecting Erkennungsmarken but if I am as sure as I can be they are OK and is within my area of collecting I will add it.

I just got my second Erkennungsmarke and want to check if anyone can add something to what I have been able to find out. I would very much like to come up with a name and fate of the holder, I managed that, with great help, with my first one.

This one should belong to 2./KGr.z.b.V. 108 = 53414B and is connected to Norway.
    Kampfgruppe zur besonderen Verwendung 108

LW Erkennungsmarke

All information is very much appreciated!

Thank you!
    Peter

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement LW Erkennungsmarke
    P
    Many

Unless you are a close relative of the original owner there is not a way of finding out the ID of the owner of this ekm.

?

Quote by BlackCat1982 View Post
    Unless you are a close relative of the original owner there is not a way of finding out the ID of the owner of this ekm.
    Correct.

Besides that, this is an original 'early' aluminum emarke right?
    I can't recall seeing this font before, that's why I want to double check for myself.

Regards, Rik

Thank you BlackCat1982 and Rik

I am aware of the policy not giving away information unless you are a close relative, but I got lucky with my first EM so I had to ask.

It's stainless steel, I think, but I'm not experienced enough to judge if it's early or not. I undersstand your qustion regarding the font, I found another EM from the same unit, I think it was this forum but I'm not able to find the page again. I did however downloaded the picture so here it is. Not the same font, I guess that's bad.

Edit; found the thread! Nirostahl (Stainless Steel) Erkennungsmarken

LW Erkennungsmarke

Best Regards
    Peter

?

Quote by Peter L View Post
    Thank you BlackCat1982 and Rik

I am aware of the policy not giving away information unless you are a close relative, but I got lucky with my first EM so I had to ask.

It's stainless steel, I think, but I'm not experienced enough to judge if it's early or not. I undersstand your qustion regarding the font, I found another EM from the same unit, I think it was this forum but I'm not able to find the page again. I did however downloaded the picture so here it is. Not the same font, I guess that's bad.

Edit; found the thread! Nirostahl (Stainless Steel) Erkennungsmarken

LW Erkennungsmarke

Best Regards
    Peter
    Thank you for your reply Peter.
    Aluminum was primarly used on early emarken, for instance pre-war issued ones. And you could be right about the Nirostahl, didn't think of that before my previous reply, but an in hand inspection of the emarke would clear that up. What I learned is that nirostahl erkennungsmarken were 'late-ware period'.

Good thing you found another example of your ermarke. It is not a bad thing that they differ in font, this happened on more occasions with emarken of the same unit. Based on your photos I believe yours is original. I just wanted to double check everything for myself, so I can save an image of the emarke for future reference. There were so many different stamps sets used to stamp emarken, I have made several maps with photos of original, fake and rare emarken. Just to have my own source of reference material.

Regards, Rik

Hello Peter, it's true the font of the ekm in #1 is a bit on the skinny side and looks suspect. Luftwaffe ekm are by far the easiest to fake as you only need to know a mob nummer and have a blank tag to stamp. That said I think on balance that it is ok and hopefully you obtained it from a good source.

Thank you both again,

As I don't have any deeper knowledge about Erkennungsmarken I appriciate your insight very much. And most important to me, that it is from a good source and that is's not questionable.

I will not give up my hope to be able to identify the original owner, it has a low number, 8, and ought to be from the time the staffeln was set up and from what I can understand, the low numbers was assigned to the staffeln leadership, but then again, with my limited knowledge, I could be wrong.

Peter