Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

on this LW Erkennungsmarken

Article about: Hi guys. I'm interested in this small lot. What do you think on the disc?

Default on this LW Erkennungsmarken

Hi guys. I'm interested in this small lot.
    What do you think on the disc?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture on this LW Erkennungsmarken   on this LW Erkennungsmarken  

Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement on this LW Erkennungsmarken
    P
    Many

Default Re: on this LW Erkennungsmarken

Info from the seller:

''set of Luftwaffe rank insignia and dog tag (Erkennungsmarke) to a member of the 7. Fl. Haf. Betr. Kp. 77 (7. Flughafen Betriebskompanie 77). [Formed 5.39 in Königgrätz. On 10.1.43 redesignated 118. Flughafenbetriebskompanie (Qu).; served with III./KG77 (5.39 - 1.43). Single shoulder board (sew in) and collar tab to Luftwaffe Oberfeldwebel (flying branch). All items worn.''

Hi Chris, all items look OK to me.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

I agree- although I doubt the disc goes with the rank insignia; airfield operations and flying personnel are not the same thing and so far as I know, Luftwaffe flying personnel strictly wore coded discs.

And ErkennungsmarkEN is plural- this is an ErkennungsmarkE (no 'n' at the end)
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

?

The problem with sets like this Chris is that unless their is provenance it will never be known if they belong together and as Matt has pointed out the EK is probably not from flying personnel !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Ground crew still wore the yellow waffenfarbe as far as I know.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Oh really? Actually, I suppose that does make sense- I can't think of another colour that'd work and they were involved with the flying, but just didn't fly themselves... I never really considered it before.

The only specific job that relates to an airfield that I found has its own Waffenfarbe was air traffic control (mint green), so I guess it's reasonable that the others had the golden yellow.
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

Hi guys and thank you very much for your input and thoughts.
    I tend to agree with Ade that ground personnel were wearing also the yellow waffenfarbe.
    Anyway what is important is that these are all original pieces and like Paull said you can never be 100% sure that a group belonged to the same person.
    Thanks for the correction on the plural Matt