Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

my bundle of SS EKM`s

Article about: Hi, I´m new here to the forum, and first I would like to say hello to all collectors here I´m collecting Waffen-SS items for some years now and I would like to show you some of my ID disks h

Default my bundle of SS EKM`s

Hi,

I´m new here to the forum, and first I would like to say hello to all collectors here

I´m collecting Waffen-SS items for some years now and I would like to show you some of my ID disks here. Especially one of them, a early one from the Regiment "Der Führer". Looks like to be an very early item, due to the low number, the zinc material is thin, and the runes are "strange". I would love to hear some qualified opinions about this disc, please. Does one has an early stamped DF disk to compare the font, etc.?

One letter was missed in one of the "Verfügungstruppe" stamping, I like mistakes like that, if done only in one of the both identical stampings! If both are wrong, the producer was likely not a German

Thanks to all!

my bundle of SS EKM`smy bundle of SS EKM`smy bundle of SS EKM`smy bundle of SS EKM`smy bundle of SS EKM`s

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement my bundle of SS EKM`s
    P
    Many

Default Re: my bundle of SS EKM`s

look at the "7", it looks like this number was missed and stamped with "-" or a screwdriver, or another tool, like the runes. Strange.
    Attached Images Attached Images my bundle of SS EKM`s 

Wow, a great collection of discs I like the look of the DF !

Welcome to the forum

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Greetings elitesoldier- welcome to the forum

You have a few really nice original discs there- the Nachrichten, the Germania, the unissued Panzergrenadier- the others are tougher, and it'd really be most helpful for you to post large, clear photos of each if you'd like evaluations.

I can't say I like the look of the DF at all though- it's not a proper Erkennungsmarke, if anything it's field-made, which makes it virtually impossible to authenticate. The holes are all incorrectly placed, the Trennschlitzen are crude and don't even line up, and the text is 'unique' LOL That doesn't mean it's bad of course, but since the vast, vast majority of stuff you're likely to find is fake, it's difficult to believe such crude pieces are real. Especially since there's no wear on it at all, and yet it's not ground-dug; if a man carried that through the whole war, there'd be a lot of wear on the cord holes, but they're perfectly clean and sharp. And I see nothing to suggest the blood group letter was made later than the rest of the text- and it was at least 2 years between the time the war started- and presumably this disc was issued because of the low roll number- and the time when the letter began to be stamped on discs (mid-1941). And if it were field-made as a replacement for a lost disc or something, I would wonder why they'd bother with the SS-Verfügungstruppe on the back- it's not really relevant; plus units had stocks of replacement discs, so field-made ones aren't usual at all... Sorry- that one's extremely dubious.
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

?

Beautiful collection. Thanks for sharing

Quote by Matt L View Post
    Greetings elitesoldier- welcome to the forum

You have a few really nice original discs there- the Nachrichten, the Germania, the unissued Panzergrenadier- the others are tougher, and it'd really be most helpful for you to post large, clear photos of each if you'd like evaluations.

I can't say I like the look of the DF at all though- it's not a proper Erkennungsmarke, if anything it's field-made, which makes it virtually impossible to authenticate. The holes are all incorrectly placed, the Trennschlitzen are crude and don't even line up, and the text is 'unique' LOL That doesn't mean it's bad of course, but since the vast, vast majority of stuff you're likely to find is fake, it's difficult to believe such crude pieces are real. Especially since there's no wear on it at all, and yet it's not ground-dug; if a man carried that through the whole war, there'd be a lot of wear on the cord holes, but they're perfectly clean and sharp. And I see nothing to suggest the blood group letter was made later than the rest of the text- and it was at least 2 years between the time the war started- and presumably this disc was issued because of the low roll number- and the time when the letter began to be stamped on discs (mid-1941). And if it were field-made as a replacement for a lost disc or something, I would wonder why they'd bother with the SS-Verfügungstruppe on the back- it's not really relevant; plus units had stocks of replacement discs, so field-made ones aren't usual at all... Sorry- that one's extremely dubious.
    Hi Matt, thanks so far, I have absolutely no doubt about originality of them, I will show them larger.

The DF one came from a very good source, I´m sure it is good, but I see the details you are refering to.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture my bundle of SS EKM`s   my bundle of SS EKM`s  

my bundle of SS EKM`s   my bundle of SS EKM`s  

?

Ah, well if that source got it from the man who carried it in the war or the family or something, that'd be different- can't judge that from the item itself LOL But that's what it'd take to be certain- the item on its own is unique and thus impossible to judge one way or another; there's nothing any expert can point to and say 'that's realistic'. But I'm glad you're okay with it- nothing worse that having nagging doubt about something in your collection LOL I only mention all this so that others won't take this as an example to compare anything to because it is unique.

The others are all very nice- the Germania and Panzergrenadier, as I mentioned, are all well-known types and very typical examples; the Nachrichten is a type I've seen, although there is some question about it since there is also one that's made with a single dedicated stamp- so the stamp or its factory would have had to have been destroyed or otherwise unable to make more blanks for them to have switched to individual letters. So I don't know if that one can be proven real. I LOVE the Totenkopf one because until now I've only ever seen the earlier versions marked "SS-T.J.E.BTL" with that unique and odd 'B' and the use of the strange sans-serif 'TL' while the rest of the text is more typical serif letters. I've not seen one from the later SS-Panzergrenadier 'version' of the unit. It's a neat variant. The two SS-Artillerie training ones look fine- the SS-Artillerie-Regiment LSSAH one is very odd though- not in a bad way, just very unusual in its marking; it actually denotes the subunit as the '1. Kanone Batterie'- I've never seen the specific weapon mentioned before; I've only ever seen 'K' as 'Kanone' on an abbreviations list, but clearly that's what it has to be. Very cool.
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

Very nice discs mate.
    Welcome to the forum
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

thanks a lot for your kind replies so far.

I forgot this rare baby. It is from the "Galizisches SS Freiwilligen Regiment 5", a police unit, which exist only 1 year.
    It was formed in July 1943 from I./Polizei-Schützen-Regiment 32 and saw some action in anti-partisan operations at Lublin-Hrubieszow and Cholm. Later they were transfered to 14. Waffen-Grenadier-Division of SS (Ukrainische Nr. 1).
    I will get the Anti Partisan badge from the man, too. Hopefully ;-)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture my bundle of SS EKM`s  

A great rare ERK mate.
    I wish you to get the antipartisan badge too.
    You can add your SS tags here as well
    Show your SS Erkennungsmarken
    Cheers
    Last edited by don_kihotis7; 12-16-2012 at 04:19 PM.
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast