Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

My First ID Disc

Article about: Hello everybody, Can you guys tell me if this is a real or a fake ID. I really have nog idea what to look for, but it looks kind of 'new' to me so that is why i doubt if its an original. Tha

MTH
    ?

Default My First ID Disc

Hello everybody,

Can you guys tell me if this is a real or a fake ID. I really have nog idea what to look for, but it looks kind of 'new' to me so that is why i doubt if its an original.

Thanks in advance!

My First ID Disc
    My First ID Disc

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My First ID Disc
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: My First ID Disc

MTH, Welcome! I think your disk is original. The Soldbuch is a nice touch to confirm it. From what I can see it seems very authentic.

?

Very nice- definitely original. It's an interesting one too because the disc and the low roll number suggest it's a very early-war issue, and yet the only promotion is listed as being in mid-1944; the rest of the Soldbuch might tell an interesting story as to why...
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

tenth kompanie, that is why is there a low number.

Anyway this disk seems very promising.

Good luck mate

?

Sorry, why do you think that's the case? Each Kompanie kept a roll, so each one would have had a 68- simply the 68th man listed. Since an Infanterie Kompanie had a bit under 190 men, what a number under 190 suggests is that someone was an original member of the unit- to get a spot so low on the list. Since IR451 was created in 8.1939, it would seem that this man had to have joined right at this time to be one of the first members and to have a low roster number- but his only noted promotion wasn't until 1944, he clearly wasn't in combat for years and years- the question is what was he doing instead? The Soldbuch would record that...

MTH
    ?

Quote by Matt L View Post
    Very nice- definitely original. It's an interesting one too because the disc and the low roll number suggest it's a very early-war issue, and yet the only promotion is listed as being in mid-1944; the rest of the Soldbuch might tell an interesting story as to why...
    thank you!

MTH
    ?

My First ID Disc

?

Well that's quite interesting- he was awarded the EKII, the Infanteriesturmabzeichen, and the Ostmedaille and he was wounded once, but was only promoted twice during the entire war- the list of units would tell us more specifically what he did. That awards list isn't as each one happened either- and the first page notes him as already an Unteroffizier, so maybe it's a replacement? I thought that had to be specifically noted though...