Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Need help from the experts

Article about: Hi, This is my first post here, can someone help me with the tags. What units are they? Thanks, Steve

Default Need help from the experts

Hi,
    This is my first post here, can someone help me with the tags. What units are they?
    Thanks, Steve

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need help from the experts
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Need help from the experts

Hello,

4/ Flak. Abtlg (mot gl) I/19 = 4 (Batterie)/ Flak-Abteilung (motorisiert geländegängig I/ (Flak-Regiment) 19 - 4th Battery/ I. AA Detachment (motorized and having cross-country traveling ability)/ 19th AA Regiment
    Flak-Regiment 19

3. PI. ERS. BTL. 86 = 3. (Kompanie) Pionier-Ersatz-Bataillon 86 - 3rd Company/ 86th Engineer Replacement Battalion
    Lexikon der Wehrmacht

2/ A. A. 37 = 2 (Kompanie)/ Aufklärungs-Abteilung 37 - 2nd Company/ 37th Reconnaissance Detachment
    Divisionseinheiten der 2. leichten Division / 7. Panzer-Division - Lexikon der Wehrmacht

6./ PZ. ERS. ABT. 18 = 6. (Kompanie)/ Panzer-Ersatz-Abteilung 18 - 6th Company/ 18th Tank Replacement Detachment
    Panzer-Ersatz-Abteilung 18 - Lexikon der Wehrmacht

1./ SCH. ERS. BTL. 3 = 1. (Kompanie)/ Schützen-Ersatz-Bataillon 3 - 1st Company/ 3rd Rifle Replacement Battalion
    Infanterie-Ersatz-Bataillon 18 - Lexikon der Wehrmacht

3/ Kf. Ers. Abt. 23 = 3 (Kompanie)/ Kraftahr-Ersatz-Abteilung 23 - 3rd Company/ 23rd Motor Transport Replacement Detachment
    Kraftfahr-Ersatz-Abteilung 23 - Lexikon der Wehrmacht

Thanks very much Stacez.

?

Welcome to the forum and the section Steve Those are some nice discs- but I'm afraid I have some bad news: unfortunately, the Panzer one is a fake.

You can see in my composite of your photo below that the letters match a known fake type (the inset examples)- particularly clear are the 'R' and 'S' but the other letters match as well.

Need help from the experts

Notice how all your good discs are serif fonts- it's quite rare to find an original Erkennungsmarke that's all capitals and a sans-serif font, but fakes are quite often that type of lettering. All sans-serif capitals should always raise a red flag.
    Last edited by Matt L; 07-10-2011 at 03:45 PM.
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

Thanks Matt