Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Need help finding Info on these Tags???

Article about: Hi every one. Newbie to the war relics Forum here I have recently purchased 3 Dog Tags I was hoping to get some help correctly identifying the units so I can find some photographs to display

Default Need help finding Info on these Tags???

Hi every one. Newbie to the war relics Forum here

I have recently purchased 3 Dog Tags I was hoping to get some help correctly identifying the units so I can find some photographs to display behind them? I'd also appreciate any opinions on authenticity!
    The information as I know it is:

Tag 1 - Machine Gun Kompanie, 4th Infantry, Regiment 43 - Soldier I.D No.218
    Tag 2 - 3rd Light Artillery, Replacement Battery No.22 - Soldier I.D No.1055
    Tag 3 - Infantry Artillery Replacement Company 208 - Soldier I.D No.5691
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Need help finding Info on these Tags???  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need help finding Info on these Tags???
    P
    Many

post seperatly and better pics please.

OK will do but for clarification the tags read as
    Tag 1 - ( M.G.K 4/ J R 43 ) - Soldier I.D No.218.
    Tag 2 - ( 3rd L.E.B A.R 22 ) - Soldier I.D No.1055
    Tag 3 - ( Jnf . Gesch . Ers . Kp 208 ) - Soldier I.D No.5691

The description I gave of the tags in my first post was what was written on the labels attached to each tags dust cover, & the description given on the auction!

I now know that Tag 2 reads as Artillery Regiment 22 but no one knows what the L.E.B is for??
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Need help finding Info on these Tags???   Need help finding Info on these Tags???  

Need help finding Info on these Tags???   Need help finding Info on these Tags???  

Last edited by HistoryoftheReich; 11-09-2014 at 12:29 PM. Reason: add an image

Thanks.

So do the tags in English read like this?

Tag 1 -
    - ( M.G.K . 4/ J.R 43 ) - Soldier I.D No.218.
    - MaschinenGewehr Kompanie 4/ Infanterie Regiment 43
    - ( Machine Gun Company 4 / Infantry Regiment 43 )

Tag 2 -
    - 3rd L.E.B . A.R 22 ) - Soldier I.D No.1055
    - Leichte Ersatz Batterie Artillerie Regiment 22 - Soldier I.D No.1055
    - ( Light replacement battery Artillery Regiment 22 )

Tag 3 -
    - ( Jnf . Gesch . Ers . Kp 208 ) - Soldier I.D No.5691
    - Infanterie Geschutz Ersatz Kompanie 208 - Soldier I.D No.5691
    - ( Infantry Gun replacement company 208 )??? Not sure if this is right! I know it's part of "Reserve-Infanterie-Bataillon 208"

Please forgive me if i sound a little stupid only this is my first time buying/researching "Dog Tags"

Hello and welcome to the forum!
    Please be patient, I am sure that Matt will be along shortly to help you out. Member meskalin has already given you links to Lexicon der Wehrmacht where you will be able to find information.
    Since you have posted your tags here in your own thread, I will be deleting the post you made on the other thread as it is a double post and un-necessarily uses up bandwidth.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Sorry. I'm just feeling a little frustrated.

I'd posted on several other forums over the last few days, (before this one) and it left me a little frustrated because i wasn't getting anywhere! But I'd heard good things about Warrelics so here i am.

I checked out the links meskalin posted (although all in German) they were helpful in identifying the Feldpostnummer. Thanks Meskalin providing I read them right!

I'm very far out side my comfort zone. My research since starting this journey into Axis history has only led me down the 'Third Reich History & AFV' road! But when I came across these little gems on E-Bay the other day for a few quid I thought it would be a good chance to start collecting again!
    I had to sell my last collection

I'm in no real rush just eager lol
    Last edited by HistoryoftheReich; 11-10-2014 at 01:40 PM.

Sorry that you were forced to sell items in your collection.
    Please remember, members here give their time freely and we can not expect them to jump to our aid when we post items. We are in all parts of the world and also have a life to live. Someone will be able to help, you just need to wait until they do.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by rbminis View Post
    Sorry that you were forced to sell items in your collection.
    Please remember, members here give their time freely and we can not expect them to jump to our aid when we post items. We are in all parts of the world and also have a life to live. Someone will be able to help, you just need to wait until they do.
    Ralph.
    I didn't realise I was being rude?!

The second post was a reply to Mesklin asking for bigger pictures & the Third was thanking him for his links & confirming I'd read them right.

The fourth post was a reply to yours & an apology for apparently sounding a little "frustrated" or eager!

I am a little miffed how or where I came across like I was badgering people to help!?

But just encase..

Again I'm sorry for being a little frustrated with my search (up until now, with the help from previous forums) & a little to eager to learn!

I hope not to offend anyone!

Quote by HistoryoftheReich View Post
    I didn't realise I was being rude?!
    The second post was a reply to Mesklin asking for bigger pictures & the Third was thanking him for his links & confirming I'd read them right.
    The fourth post was a reply to yours & an apology for apparently sounding a little "frustrated" or eager!
    I am a little miffed how or where I came across like I was badgering people to help!?
    But just encase..
    Again I'm sorry for being a little frustrated with my search (up until now, with the help from previous forums) & a little to eager to learn!
    I hope not to offend anyone!
    No one said that you were being rude or badgering, I merely stated that you can not expect members to jump up and answer your posts. The members here are cordial and are always willing to help newcomers and others, even if they never show up again.
    I also see that you have edited post #7 to remove the word "fast" and to add that you are in no rush.
    As I said please be patient, someone will be able to help you.
    Ralph.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast