Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Need some help if this EKM is al flieger or a FLAK... and even more if its possible...

Article about: Hi, This is perhaps already pretty difficult because of the two possible stories. The beginning: i found this EKM in a field (metal detector). 2520 (bloodtype O) 3/FL.A.BATL.-26. 1: With som

lubbers1
    ?

Default Need some help if this EKM is al flieger or a FLAK... and even more if its possible...

Hi,

This is perhaps already pretty difficult because of the two possible stories.

The beginning: i found this EKM in a field (metal detector).

2520 (bloodtype O) 3/FL.A.BATL.-26.

1: With some help I searched at the lexikon: the “3. Kompanie Flieger Ausbildungs Bataillon 26” went over to a Luftwaffe Feld Division. But only one of 22 divisions fought in Holland. The 16th division. That would make this EKM a FLAK division. Right? And not a pilot!

Das Regiment wurde am 1. Oktober 1937 in Heiligenhafen im Kreis Oldenburg mit einem Bataillon aufgestellt. Im November 1941 wurde es in Flieger-Regiment 26 umbenannt. 1941 wurde es zuerst nach Dänemark verlegt. Im Anfang 1943 wurde es aufgelöst und zur Aufstellung einer Luftwaffen-Feld-Division verwandt

2: within 500 meter from the place i found it crashed a german fighter plane (messerschmitt). The pilot jumped out... (need to fill it in?)

I'm now trying to find out if the AKM maybe belongs to the pilot.

Here's some more info of the plane that went down.

On 10-02-1944 (SGLO ref: T3405A) At the date of 10-02-1944, time: 1100, the aircraft type Bf 109 has been lost. The location of the plane was found at: Haarle (Vliegveldhei, bij de Van Heekweg). The unit of crew and plane is: IV/JG 3. First flyer rank: ? rank known, name: ?

Is there someone who can find out more? Is it a pilot or is it one of the members of the 16th division?

tanx!

Sander
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Need some help if this EKM is al flieger or a FLAK... and even more if its possible...  

2. # ADS

You are correct in the unit being ground based rather than aircrew. The high stammrollnummer being common among replacement/training units. The crashed aircraft sounds just a coincidence. Nice find!