Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

New ID disc any info on this

Article about: I know nothing about ID discs could someone help with info on this? Eric

Default New ID disc any info on this

New ID disc any info on thisNew ID disc any info on thisNew ID disc any info on thisI know nothing about ID discs could someone help with info on this?

Eric

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New ID disc any info on this
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: New ID disc any info on this

Hello,

GREN. ERS. BTL. 226 = Grenadier-Ersatz-Bataillon 226 = 226th Grenadier Replacement Battalion
    Infanterie-Ersatz-Bataillon 226 - Lexikon der Wehrmacht

It's a little odd because there is no company number/ name on it and blood type "0" is stamped twice.

?

Yeah, it is quite abnormal to not have a Kompanie number- the disc is doubtless real, so it's not a problem, it's just very strange. The roll number, 811, is too small to help explain it (if it were in the many thousands, it might suggest the unit used one single roll rather than a Kompanie-level one), so the only things I can see being reasonable are that it was simply a mistake, or perhaps this particular unit chose to have maybe the Stammkompanie be assumed if no number were marked. Neither has precedence to my knowledge- I've never seen a GEB disc without a Kompanie name or number myself, so I'm just guessing; but it isn't uncommon for some discs to lack significant parts of a unit title- ones that are simply to be understood- so it's not unreasonable to theorize that such things would happen occasionally elsewhere. If the unit knows what their markings, or the lack of them, mean then that's what's important.

The repeated blood group letter isn't common, but not unheard-of; I've seen a few like this- someone just realized it was important information so wanted to be sure it was obvious on the disc.
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

E, nice to see that you're starting to get discs! They're def one of my favorite things to collect, and as you know, Matt L and the rest of the gang rule for ID help.

Quote by Good Pwny View Post
    E, nice to see that you're starting to get discs! They're def one of my favorite things to collect, and as you know, Matt L and the rest of the gang rule for ID help.
    Thanks for the help gang this is the only one I have but I can see myself getting into it more!

Eric

?

Watch out- they're addictive; I started off just figuring one example would fill out my general stuff section and suddenly I had 300 of the things LOL They're like baseball/hockey cards x10- there are so many different units and the history you can sometimes work out from the units is fascinating, plus they're not ridiculously expensive (mostly)... a dangerous combination
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...