Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

New member - Need some opinion - SS Sniper?

Article about: Hello! I bought this erkennungsmarke but i dont have nothing to compare. I apreciate some opinions about it because i dont have so much experience in erkennungsmarken, specially in sniper. T

?

Default New member - Need some opinion - SS Sniper?

Hello!
    I bought this erkennungsmarke but i dont have nothing to compare. I apreciate some opinions about it because i dont have so much experience in erkennungsmarken, specially in sniper. Thank you!!!New member - Need some opinion - SS Sniper?New member - Need some opinion - SS Sniper?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New member - Need some opinion - SS Sniper?
    P
    Many

?

Welcome to the forum RB,
    There are those on here who study these. I am not one of them!
    They should be along soon.
    I just do welcoming committee duties once in a while!!!
    Enjoy your stay.

Semper Fi
    Phil

Thanks for posting RB2019. Have seen other similar before, but I am not convinced they are real. Snipers were not popular and if a suspected sniper was captured they could expect little quarter. To wear an SS ekm denoting you were a sniper would seem crazy to me.

?

The way that the Germans issued EKM during the recruitment and training of men would not lead to someone being issued with an SS Scharfschutzen EKM , plus as Black cat has said it would lead to instant execution if taken POW in most cases .
    Last edited by Paul D; 11-04-2019 at 09:36 PM.
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

Thank you for your words!!

?

My doubt is about its originality. I dont know so much about the techniques some "terrorists" used to give the aspect of the old ones. They work with acid and i dont know so much about it.

In the end of the war, if this EKM is original, everything is possible. I dont think this one is from a sniper "student", but maybe from the staff in the school. Old snipers, injured and put to instruction that in the end of the war were sent to the front. This make any sense ?

The seller told it was discovered near Wałbrzych, Poland. The sniper school was in Lešany, Tschechien for training Snipers and Gebirgskampf for the Waffen ss.

I dont have, unfortunately, nothing to compare. This is the first time i see an EKM from a sniper school/center. I dont know if the letters are ok and if the aspect is ok. Maybe the EKM is original and the letters were put after? Maybe all original?

Thank you a lot for your knowledge and opinion!

?

For me its OK. The letters are good and the backside is not fresh stamped. Dog tags like this where used by Sniper-Teachers on school.

?

Thank you for your opinion. Sniper candidates were selected by their shooting habilities in different units, and keep, i guess, their unit EKM in instruction.
    I would like to compare with another EKM but i never saw another.

I've not seen one either and unless there is some documentary evidence, like a Soldbuch to confirm it was ever issued I remain sceptical I'm afraid.

?

Hello
    Im sceptical too...
    My first idea was to analise the aspect, searching for "fake" signs in letters or remains of acid...but i dont know nothing about that.
    Then search about other similars to compare the "text". It is a hard work because there were few instructors in school. In the best schools of wehrmacht like settaler, around 1 per 5 students, but could be 1 per 10 in the end of the war, who knows. But concerning about ss schools, i dont know nothing about the quantity of instructors, so the number of EKM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast