Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

A New Pioneer Erkennungsmarken

Article about: Hi, here is a new pioneer tag that a friend sent from Volgograd. He lives there, so somewhere in this area it was found. This is first tag I have with a blood group on it There also a small

Default A New Pioneer Erkennungsmarken

Hi, here is a new pioneer tag that a friend sent from Volgograd. He lives there, so somewhere in this area it was found. This is first tag I have with a blood group on it

There also a small tag that has Sammler, from some sort of electrical device, and something maybe from a motocycle or vehicle?? A guarantee? He knows I ride and collect motorcycle items...so......??
    I told him I wanted the sammler tag becuase it means collector, and that is what I am.......a collector
    (with a 40 year addiction and disease)

Does someone know more about this Pioneer division? or regiment on this erkennungsmarken? What is Zuge motor division?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A New Pioneer Erkennungsmarken   A New Pioneer Erkennungsmarken  

A New Pioneer Erkennungsmarken  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement A New Pioneer Erkennungsmarken
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: A New Pioneer Erkennungsmarken

Hello,
    I think the unit from the EM is:
    Ersatz Kompanie für Pionier Züge (motorisiert) 4 (Pionier Ersatz Bataillon 4) - replacement company for motorised engineer platoons/ 4 engineers replacement battalion

Quote by Stacez View Post
    Hello,
    I think the unit from the EM is:
    Ersatz Kompanie für Pionier Züge (motorisiert) 4 (Pionier Ersatz Bataillon 4) - replacement company for motorised engineer platoons/ 4 engineers replacement battalion
    Hi, Thanks for info. Then "Züge" is a motorist or motorized.

What is Züge literally in German, do you know?

Regards, Steve

?

It's "motorised" and Zug = platoon (Züge = platoons)

?

Stacez- do you have a reason for believing it's Pionier-Ersatz-Bataillon 4? It doesn't make any sense to me to have the marking 'Ersatz-Kompanie für Pionier Züge' if the unit is already a Pionier Ersatz one- it's redundant, plus I'm unaware of any such unit ever associated with a standard Ersatz-Batillon.

These 'Ersatz Kompanie für xyz Züge' type discs are very uncommon (few such units existed) and the one I know- Ersatz-Kompanie-für Infanterie-Reiter-Züg 44- I'm fairly sure was part of the 44. Infanterie-Division; it's a rare subunit of a Division, hence doesn't appear on any major list of Wehrmacht units. I would expect this one was of the same nature- the parent unit being the 4. Infanterie-Divison...

Nice stuff though- Kilroy; Sammler does mean 'collector', but in this case I suspect it's 'accumulator'- since that's a real electrical part (a rechargable storage battery).
    Last edited by Matt L; 05-07-2010 at 04:08 PM.
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

?

Matt L, I think you're right. It rather belonged directly to 4. Infanterie Division than to typical Pionier Ersatz Bataillon. It was my first impression when I took a look on it that for some reason it might belong to this battalion. Maybe due to it isn't so common EM.

?

Yeah, that's the trouble with these discs that have a detailed, specific small unit description and then just a number for the parent- you're always left wondering what exactly that parent might be. Sometimes I wonder about the logic behind some Erkennungsmarke text- if they're meant to identify a soldier, why make it difficult to understand what the unit who holds this identity might be?

Quote by Stacez View Post
    It's "motorised" and Zug = platoon (Züge = platoons)
    Ahhh...OK, thank you for translation...nice to learn new info...Züge

Regards, Steve

Quote by Matt L View Post
    Stacez- do you have a reason for believing it's Pionier-Ersatz-Bataillon 4? It doesn't make any sense to me to have the marking 'Ersatz-Kompanie für Pionier Züge' if the unit is already a Pionier Ersatz one- it's redundant, plus I'm unaware of any such unit ever associated with a standard Ersatz-Batillon.

These 'Ersatz Kompanie für xyz Züge' type discs are very uncommon (few such units existed) and the one I know- Ersatz-Kompanie-für Infanterie-Reiter-Züg 44- I'm fairly sure was part of the 44. Infanterie-Division; it's a rare subunit of a Division, hence doesn't appear on any major list of Wehrmacht units. I would expect this one was of the same nature- the parent unit being the 4. Infanterie-Divison...

Nice stuff though- Kilroy; Sammler does mean 'collector', but in this case I suspect it's 'accumulator'- since that's a real electrical part (a rechargable storage battery).

Hello Matt, thank you for the detailed information about my gift tag. This is very interesting information I never could have researched myself.

So you have not seen many of this type erkennungsmarken?
    I have not either, and that is why I posted it....it looked odd to me.

My friend is watching when he goes digging for Pioneer discs for me, because I told him I collect ordnance and grenades. He is also watching for motorcycle related items, because I am a bike rider for all my life. He has sent some motorcycle parts and a Kradch? Erkennungsmarken also that I showed a while back. So far these are nice gifts he gives me

Do you know what the Garantie metal plate is? maybe I should post in another section?

Regards, Steve

?

Hi Steve,

No, I've never seen this particular type of Pionier disc before in fact- only the Reiter type I mentioned, but it was clear what it was from that similarity.

I have no idea what the other plate is though.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast