Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Odd ID disk!??????

Article about: My Grandpa has had this for quite some time. Is it even possible that casualties received this disk in the streets for identification later? That's my only guess. On to the experts! Thanks i

?

Default Odd ID disk!??????

My Grandpa has had this for quite some time. Is it even possible that casualties received this disk in the streets for identification later? That's my only guess. On to the experts!

Thanks in advance Gents!

DuffOdd ID disk!??????

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Odd ID disk!??????
    P
    Many

?

Or Volksturm? but again, another guess......

IMO 'Wehrkreis-Auskunftsnebenstelle"

With best wishes
    alter musketier
    In memory of my father who was in K-Einsatz, combat engagement, with the RAD in the Alps in 1945, of my grandfather who was with the IR 87 during campaign in France in 1940 and of my grand-uncle who served in the Gardegrenadierregiment Nr. 3 "Königin Elisabeth" and who was killed in action at Craonne, Chemin des Dames in France in 1917

?

"Military District Information Exchange?" Great info on that Alter! Nice job - and greatly appreciated! What in the world would "they" use an ID disk for?

Duff

Additional version: military area infomation center according to TM 30-506, WAR DEPARTMENT TECHNICAL MANUAL, GERMAN-ENGLISH MILITARY DICTIONARY, WAR DEPARTMENT, 20 MAY I944 (see German-English Military Dictionary, a very interesting document). 'Nebenselle ' stands for branch office. As the staff consisted of soldiers they were provided with ID disks.

With best wishes
    alter musketier
    In memory of my father who was in K-Einsatz, combat engagement, with the RAD in the Alps in 1945, of my grandfather who was with the IR 87 during campaign in France in 1940 and of my grand-uncle who served in the Gardegrenadierregiment Nr. 3 "Königin Elisabeth" and who was killed in action at Craonne, Chemin des Dames in France in 1917

?

Again! You are awesome! Thank You Sir! Mein Deutsche ist nicht gut, aber Ich spreche ein bisschen. Danke!

Your German sounds very well! In this way 'Bitteschön, gern geschehen'
    alter musketier