Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Oflag II E and Stalag 334

Article about: Here are some picture's of the oflag id tag I received today. I bought it to have an oflag and stalag tag. The stalag id tag or stammlager erkennungsmarke is from a pow camp for the non comm

?

Default Oflag II E and Stalag 334

Here are some picture's of the oflag id tag I received today.
    I bought it to have an oflag and stalag tag.

The stalag id tag or stammlager erkennungsmarke is from a pow camp for the non commissioned, enlisted soldiers, the oflag tag or offizierslager erkennungsmarke is from a pow camp for officers only.

My stalag tag is from the camp Stalag VIII-B near the town Lamsdorf and was renamed stalag 344 in 1943.

The oflag tag was from a camp near the city Neuebrandenburg, it was a stalag extended by an officers camp in 1940. Also called camp Fünfeichen. ( Five oaks) After the war the soviets took over and it was a camp for the NKVD! (russian secret service)

Here are the pictures, hope you like them.

Oflag II E and Stalag 334Oflag II E and Stalag 334Oflag II E and Stalag 334

ps the tags are exactly the same size. Notice the oflag tag the letters / text are from top to bottom the same, and the stalag is mirrored, no idea why

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Oflag II E and Stalag 334
    P
    Many

Default Re: Oflag II E and Stalag 334

At this location was there French POW.
    chris

?

Quote by cricketchris1944 View Post
    At this location was there French POW.
    chris
    The stalag was initially built for French and British prisoners of world war 1

?

Cool! i just received a Stalag Id tag from the same camp as yours that was included with a knife i bought from someone in the Uk. the same number, but 100 off.
    Oflag II E and Stalag 334
    John