Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

opionions on SS sapper EKM relic

Article about: I bought these two SS EKM relic fragments back in September. I really should have consulted the forum before making the purchase, but despite my better judgement I was swayed by the low pric

Default opionions on SS sapper EKM relic

I bought these two SS EKM relic fragments back in September. I really should have consulted the forum before making the purchase, but despite my better judgement I was swayed by the low price and bought it. I messaged the seller to see if he could provide any information on the tag, and this is what he told me. He found the fragments in a capitulation site within Germany. He told me the exact location, but unfortunately I lost this data when I got my new phone. He said he found other items at this location including a few iron cross first class awards. He assumed the awards were buried because the owners didn't want their captors to have them, and this SS tag was tossed for obvious reasons. I know from being a forum member that you buy the piece, and not the story. I also know SS EKMs are widely faked, even small fragments like these. So here are my questions. Does this look to be an original? and if so could some one tell me the history behind the unit? Thanks for the help!

Best regards- Jarret

opionions on SS sapper EKM relicopionions on SS sapper EKM relicopionions on SS sapper EKM relicopionions on SS sapper EKM relic
    Last edited by Luftwaffe 1941; 02-22-2018 at 02:05 AM. Reason: typo

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement opionions on SS sapper EKM relic
    P
    Many

Here is a better pic, you can see where the break points line up.

Best regards- Jarret

?

Hi Jarret, I will give it a go even though I am still learning on SS EKM.
    There was an SS Pionier Ersatz Bataillon and an SS Pionier Ausbildungs und Ersatz Bataillon. I have looked at several original examples and from what I can see the font and lettering does seem to compare nice with yours.

So from my point of view I would give it a thumbs up, but lets wait for the other emarken guys to give their opinion.
    I have posted a picture of both of the units I mentioned.

Regards, Rik
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture opionions on SS sapper EKM relic  
    Attached Images Attached Images opionions on SS sapper EKM relic 
    Last edited by Rik.S; 02-22-2018 at 02:38 PM.

Wow it looks very similar to ones you posted, and I can see the font matches nicely as you stated. Thanks for the help Rik! You are a very helpful member. Initially I was reluctant to think this was a genuine piece, but now I have some hope. Cant wait to hear what the other guys say.

Best regards- Jarret

Hello.
    I think it's this.
    Regards, Giovanni

Quote by gianni59 View Post
    Hello.
    I think it's this.
    Regards, Giovanni

Looks VERY similar, and the font matches nicely too. Thanks for those photos Giovanni!!

Best regards- Jarret