Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Oranienburg?

Article about: I have purchased also 2 more SS dog tags from the same place (SS Kav brigade - cyckling recon) and SS pol reg. and 2 silver wound badges and silver infantry clasp (devided into half) Quite i

Default Oranienburg?

Hello,
    may I ask you for opinion on this dog tag? I think it´s a good one, but your comments will be highly appreciated.

Thank you!

Ziggy

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Oranienburg?
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Oranienburg?

It certainly looks old LOL But strangely the lettering doesn't quite match the example I have an image of- of course I can't say that one's original either, but it certainly appears so; the serial number's a third lower though (only just over 2000) and the 'font' is very, very close- it's just the serif 'feet' and hanging ends of the 'T' at the top are rather longer on 'yours'.

Oranienburg?
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

?

Very interesting point Kinnarodden- I just checked my unit reference and from the search 'SS-Totenkopf-Sturmbann' I only got:

Sachsenhausen

SS-Totenkopf-Wach-Bataillon

KL mit SS-Totenkopf-Sturmbann, 7 Kompanie, 16.7.41
    KL
    mit zwei Großkdos. in Germendorf Heinkel-Werke und Oranienburg
    8.36-4.45

No SS-T-Stuba listed alone. It strikes me as odd that a faker would choose to make a disc like this out of nowhere though- it's not a simple mistake if it is one; if one knew enough to put Oranienburg on it, one would have to know there was a unit there, but then one would know it was actually at KL Sachsenhausen. Strange. Either way without any real proof it's not a disc to buy unless extremely cheap and considered worth the risk.

Thank you very much for all your input! It helps me to save my money...

?

Here are a couple of pictures of a tag that relates to this thread. It belongs to a friend of mine. He says it's good but I don't trust anything anymore. I'll leave that to the experts.

Mike
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Oranienburg?   Oranienburg?  

?

Ouch, I'm sorry for your friend- that one looks bad just on first glance; unfortunately I confirmed it by comparing its letters and numbers with other known fakes and found several matches.

Here's that fake Sachsenhausen with crops from the other bad discs superimposed to show the fonts match:

Oranienburg?

And here are the 'original' bad discs the crops came from:

The most well-known fake type with the 'Rokas' font:

Oranienburg?

Another fairly well-known bad font- the numbers matching the previous one also prove this one's bad:

Oranienburg?

And these two having identical fonts proves they're bad right off the bat- the misplaced 'SS' on the first one does as well- and these two are the same font as the supposed 'Sachsenhausen':

Oranienburg?Oranienburg?

?

Good work Matt
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

I'd sure rather have less of it- damned fakers LOL

?

I think the beginner of the post is original, smal differences, but that is found in the other original tags.
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Hello all,

I would like to show you my recent purchase from a young metal search finder. What dou you think?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast