Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Original Feldherrnhalle id disc from my grandfathers dad

Article about: Hello I want today to show you the FHH/SA id disc from my grandfathers dad that served after WW1 in the SA It was the last thing that I have from him Sadly I am not know more about him He wa

Default Original Feldherrnhalle id disc from my grandfathers dad

Hello
    I want today to show you the FHH/SA id disc from my grandfathers dad that served after WW1 in the SA
    It was the last thing that I have from him
    Sadly I am not know more about him
    He was part of the troops that patrolling in front of the Feldherrnhalle on the Odeonsplatz in Munic

On the disc is stamped BATTR.L.FELDH.II/7
    I hope you enjoy it

Best regards
    Bavarian
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Original Feldherrnhalle id disc from my grandfathers dad   Original Feldherrnhalle id disc from my grandfathers dad  

Original Feldherrnhalle id disc from my grandfathers dad  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Original Feldherrnhalle id disc from my grandfathers dad
    P
    Many

?

Hello, sorry but this one is 100% FAKE!

In any case, SA men didn't wear dog tags and the abbreviation refers to an 8th battery of light field howitzers [Feldhaubitzen, not Feldherrnhalle].

So it does bring into question how Bavarian's Great Grandfather got hold of it then?

?

Yes this is a good question, maybe we have to ask tri-top.
    Attached Images Attached Images Original Feldherrnhalle id disc from my grandfathers dad  Original Feldherrnhalle id disc from my grandfathers dad 
    Last edited by Nord; 09-17-2019 at 09:08 AM.

I don't understand why Bavarian would want to attempt to deceive members here with his original explanation as I don't think he would do this intentionally and perhaps something is getting misunderstood in translation? I initially took his explanation at face value and although I also thought the ekm odd I did not question it as it would have been insensitive to trash his family history. But clearly something does not add up here.

?

I just knew there was something dodgy about the emarke. The font and bad ageing made me scratch my head. Thanks to Nord I know why.

I am also very curious where the emarke came from and how the Grandfather got it in his possession.

Regards, Rik

?

So maybe the bavarian have had a funny day and want to make a joke to us?!

or he's a dreamer

Or it is a genuine error, Lord knows we've all made some.