Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Original or not - 2 Erkennungsmarken from Estonia?

Article about: I got these 1/2 Erkennungsmarken from Estonian seller. I usually do not buy such items because there are so many fake around but as price was very low and I got also some other German stuff

Default Original or not - 2 Erkennungsmarken from Estonia?

I got these 1/2 Erkennungsmarken from Estonian seller. I usually do not buy such items because there are so many fake around but as price was very low and I got also some other German stuff I now have them. Are these originals?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Original or not - 2 Erkennungsmarken from Estonia?   Original or not - 2 Erkennungsmarken from Estonia?  

Original or not - 2 Erkennungsmarken from Estonia?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Original or not - 2 Erkennungsmarken from Estonia?
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Original or not - 2 Erkennungsmarken from Estonia?

These two have a similar font and lettering to the fake Aufk Abt Nordland ones and the unit designation of the Sturm Btl one makes no sense personally i don't like them !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Actually font size is different, sturm btl. has pretty small letters so they are not made with the same stamps. I usually do not buy ID discs but I paid only 12 euro for these discs, MP magazines, German water bottle + some other stuff. I see no point to fake ID discs only for 1-2 euro but maybe i'm wrong.

?

I'd say the Sturm one's font certainly looks like a common fake one, and I can't say I like the Panzer one either- the holes look further down from the edge than the norm, and that tall, narrow 'O' for the blood group is just like so many fakes. It's all sans-serif capitals too, which is always a reason to wonder. I'd suggest looking through the thread on fake fonts to see if you can match any of the letters or numbers. The seller may not have known they were bad or did and that's why they were so cheap- to get rid of them. One never knows the motivation. It's certainly good that you got other nice stuff for the money so it doesn't matter that these are fairly likely bad...
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...