Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Pioneer Tag #2 Another Good one?

Article about: Hi, here is another Pioneer tag, it has a little different fonts and letters than the pioneer tag I posted a couple days ago. What does this one say, what is "stamm" ? This one loo

Default Pioneer Tag #2 Another Good one?

Hi, here is another Pioneer tag, it has a little different fonts and letters than the pioneer tag I posted a couple days ago. What does this one say, what is "stamm" ?
    This one looks like maybe a fake tag, but not sure, I am new to collecting German WW2 Erkennungsmarken, and seems there are many different stamp fonts to be encountered on original tags.
    Any opinions on this one in the first photo? The second photo is the tag I posted a couple days ago.

Regards, Steve
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Pioneer Tag #2  Another Good one?  
    Attached Images Attached Images Pioneer Tag #2  Another Good one? 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Pioneer Tag #2  Another Good one?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Pioneer Tag #2 Another Good one?

Stamm means Reserve

Bob Hritz

Quote by Bob Hritz View Post
    Stamm means Reserve

Bob Hritz
    Thanks Bob, another bit of info to store my memory bank. Does the tag look like a good one, or is it a recent fake? Font looks odd to me.

What is the difference beteewn ersatz "replacement" troops, and reserve troops, seems they would be pretty much the same.

Regards, Steve

?

The first one is a fake, you can see the font which was discussed on a SS dog tags thread about a week ago
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Quote by Dimas View Post
    The first one is a fake, you can see the font which was discussed on a SS dog tags thread about a week ago
    Thanks Dimas. I see what you say about this font on first tag.

Are you also talking about the "A" with the small imperfection? It is at the top of the "A" tiny dent?

Regards, Steve

?

For me it's always been the weird 'squashed' 3, the a with the missing bit, and the r that have been most identifiable of this fake type.

The other one looks fine.

And you're right- it's been my experience that virtually every disc from a different unit you'll find has at least slightly different lettering- even right down do different Kompanien in a Bataillon or Regiment.