Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Please help identify?

Article about: Came with a large group of wwii german items. Thanks in advanceAttachment 193730Attachment 193731

?

Default Please help identify?

Came with a large group of wwii german items. Thanks in advanceAttachment 193730Attachment 193731

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Please help identify?
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Please help identify?

Hello,

For sure it's not ID tag. It could have been some kind of name tag for personal belongings.

?

Thats what we were thinking maybe a luggage tag? I just wanted to make sure

Hi asker1. I'm pretty sure the tag stands for an address on the back. #35 Zieblandstrasse, Munich, Germany. I googled that, and amazingly found the address continues to operate as a Youth Hostel today. I have no idea what the 8 and 13 on either side of the Munchen means. This very well could have been Jurgen's I.D. at the Hostel. The date of 9.12.49 intrigues me. No clue if it's D.O.B., enter date, exit date. Can you tell I have too much free time on my hands today?

Jay

?

Hi Jay thanks for the response! You got much further than I did trying to research this. I wonder if the Hostel was in operation in 1949 or was it something else.? Hm! I did not even think the date being an enter or exit date.

Well, one's mind could ramble endlessly on this and still not come up with anything definitive. But that's why I love this stuff. The name of the hostel is The Advokat, #35 Zieblandstrasse. I found it in Frommer's Germany. It is described as being originally built as a six story apartment house in the 1930's. The description is very amusing, "this aggressively simple, clean lined, and artfully spartan hotel comes with few facilities". Wow, book me a room there quick! Sounds like a safe bet this was probably a hostel in 1949.

Jay