Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Please help with old Erkennungsmarken

Article about: Hello My father came across these a while back and I have no idea on how to decipher them. Would appreciate any info. Thanks Jay

?

Default Please help with old Erkennungsmarken

Hello
    My father came across these a while back and I have no idea on how to decipher them. Would appreciate any info.
    Thanks
    Jay
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Please help with old Erkennungsmarken   Please help with old Erkennungsmarken  

Please help with old Erkennungsmarken   Please help with old Erkennungsmarken  

Please help with old Erkennungsmarken  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Please help with old Erkennungsmarken
    P
    Many

?

HI Jay,

Well the brass (plated?) one is WWI- nothing much to decipher there, it's the man's name, address, birthdate and he was in Infanterie-Regiment 616- no Kompanie number suggests maybe he was in the Regimental command (although just a Leutnant, he was way junior)

Next is Fahr-Ersatz-Abteilung 1 - a replacement unit for transport units; next is supposedly SS-Freiwilligen Sturmbrigade Wallonien but I'm doubtful it's real- the numbers on the back look like typical fake types, so I'd have to look to see if they match, and it does appear that the Kompanie number is part of the main text stamp, which also makes no sense since it's properly a variable- there'd be a main stamp with the unit text and whatever Kompanie was issuing a disc would have its number put on- there wouldn't be full text stamps for each one of the up to 14 Kompanien. The same problems exist for the supposed SS-Polizei Panzer-Gremadier-Regiment 2 disc; the SS-Fallschirmjäger-Bataillon 500 is a known fake, no question there; and that SS-Feld-Ausbildungs-Bataillon 'Wiking' is a fake too. So you have 2 real ones there and the rest are bad or quite possibly so I'm afraid.

Notice how the '3' is the same on the Wiking, Polizei and Wallonien discs- that's not a good sign...
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

?

Yes
    I do see what your saying about the #3. Thank You for the help. I don't think he had much in them so if at least 2 are good then he will be happy.
    Thanks
    Jay

Nice work Matt, a fountain of knowledge as always

Useless fact relating to the WW1 tag, Kantstrasse 36 is or was a Persian restaurant i had some great lamb kebabs there a few years ago!...