Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Police erkunnungsmark

Article about: Hi Please could you take a look at a police dog tag for me. Many thanks in advance. Martyn

Default Police erkunnungsmark

Hi

Please could you take a look at a police dog tag for me. Many thanks in advance. Martyn
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Police erkunnungsmark   Police erkunnungsmark  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Police erkunnungsmark
    P
    Many

?

It looks like the stamping is over the corrosion.

?

Martyn- Welcome to the forum.

I have been looking over this tag I do like some things about it the "Police" font looks good and the roll number has some corrosion. Because the type has been colored black it is hard to see some of the detail. I would probably need to look at it under a glass or with my microscope to get an idea if it is good or bad.

Many thanks for taking the time to look at this disc. If you have any more thoughts about it I would be interested to share them. What's the possibility that it is OK?

All the best. Martyn

Did the unit actually exist? Have you checked?

Yes the unit existed. It was formed in Dresden July 1942 and was active in the Ukraine in 1944. I have taken another picture. The corrosion in the number does look like it's eating into the number 5. Will attach photo soon. Cheers Martyn

Default Picture

Here's the picture
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Police erkunnungsmark  

Looks absolutely fine for me. Originally constituted in Dresden. Activation date: end of September 1939, already Polizei-Bataillon IV / 2.
    It was dissolved, reorganized in July 1942 to become I / Pol.-Regt. 17.

Many thanks. That's more than I found out. This site is really useful. Cheers.