Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Real or fake?

Article about: 10 Erkennungsmarke are offered to me, the are almost all of Pz.Gren.Ers.Btl.50 Wondering if they are real. Jean

Default Real or fake?

10 Erkennungsmarke are offered to me, the are almost all of Pz.Gren.Ers.Btl.50
    Wondering if they are real.

Jean
    Attached Images Attached Images Real or fake?  Real or fake?  Real or fake?  Real or fake? 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Real or fake?
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Real or fake?

Hi Jean,

Are there any letters before the 'M' on the far left? I'd expect it's 'STM.Kp'- just 'M. Kp' doesn't make any sense. The unit existed, so that's okay and the text is so odd and poor that I'd be surprised if it weren't real too- the trouble is that with these Nirostahl discs, it's very difficult to tell since they are much harder than zinc or aluminum so the stamping is often not great nor easy to authenticate. These, if they are real, would surely be unissued stock since you have sequential numbers, and their condition is pretty poor, which overall means they're not terribly valuable- not exactly faker's usual choice, which would be something expensive. Myself, I'd take a chance on one- but there's no advantage to having 10 unless they're very cheap or you have 9 friends who want one

Matt
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

Matt

thank you for the info, I allso noticed the secuential numbering. They are cheap and I will only buy them to resell because they are not of any interest to me.
    Because they are cheap I believe they are real.

Jean

Matt

found this one on ebay, Mkp

Jean
    Attached Images Attached Images Real or fake? 

?

Ah, that must be Marsch-Kompanie then- I've not seen it abbreviated as 'MKp' before, but then I've not seen a lot of Marsch-Kompanie discs, so it didn't immediately occur to me as a possiblity. There's not much choice when so much text is squished onto one line too.

If those steel discs are cheap, then yes, it's unlikely they're fake; it is a good opportunity to get one of the type though- Nirostahl discs aren't super-rare, I have 5 or 6 myself, but they're not common and thus could be an interesting variant for any Erkennungsmarke collector. If you sell them at a decent price, there'll be a bunch of others who'll be happy with your purchase too

Matt

as you can see, they are not in new condition. What would be a fair selling price?

Jean

Matt

the EMs arrived, they are in better condition than expected.
    The brown isn't rust but an unknown substance which removes easely by thumbnail and a bit of Thinner.
    Before putting them on ebay, I'll give you first choise.
    Make me an offer I can't refuse.

Jean
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Real or fake?   Real or fake?  

?

Ah, nice- it seemed a bit odd that stainless steel would be so corroded

Thanks, but I don't actively collect anymore myself- plus I have many examples of this type already. A fair selling price would be 1/10 of what you paid for the group plus auction fees LOL (middlemen are why the world is so expensive LOL) Me, I'd list them at maybe $20USD (or equivalent)- they're unissued, they're not exactly rare, and they're in dug condition still really, but they're Nirostahl and Panzergrendier so that brings the value back up a bit ($20 is fair for a decent issued disc).

OK will do

Jean