Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Is this a real ID disc? Can anyone provide info on it? Allegedly found in Bulge..

Article about: by Bulge44 i'll have to see what the seller says. But he may not get much info on it. You know how stories go, we may never find the true story. But it seems to be a real disc, right? By the

?

Default Re: Is this a real ID disc? Can anyone provide info on it? Allegedly found in Bulge..

When I whas younger my dad taught that it whas Peiper, but some couple of years ago there came an article I believe in the magazine then and now of this famous picture with the names of the persons
    Greetings, Simon

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Default Re: Is this a real ID disc? Can anyone provide info on it? Allegedly found in Bulge..

When he said it was from a Vet's estate, perhaps the Vet was a digger and found this tag himself years later. When he died, his collection could have been sold off. Not all diggers are 18 years old....And not all Vet's are from WWII...anyone who is an ex-serviceman is a Vet. The digger could have been a Vet from a couple years ago.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by Simke View Post
    Hi Bulge44,

in the Belgium ardens, I think the chance of finding there something is very small, a lot of diggers go to there and on alot of those places are now factory's build, even this famous picture is taken at a crossroad, I have been there recently and all the tree's there are gone, there are factory's , some are lucky and find here and know something, but when you whant to do some real digging and hoping to find something, the best chances are in the Hurtgenwald, wich whas the American sector, or in the Reichswald, wich whas the English sector. Even where I live, there is still alot to find and not even 15 minutes driving from where I live is Zondereigen, where a great tank battle whas fought and where even todat Fj relics are being found.
    Greetings, Simon

- - Updated - -

Attachment 383234
    Thanks for posting Simke....my grandfather was killed a mile or two just east of the twin villages of Krinkelt and Rocherath....i have used Google Earth to view the area and it appears to still be vacant land and forest land.......do you know the area at all?.....

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    When he said it was from a Vet's estate, perhaps the Vet was a digger and found this tag himself years later. When he died, his collection could have been sold off. Not all diggers are 18 years old....And not all Vet's are from WWII...anyone who is an ex-serviceman is a Vet. The digger could have been a Vet from a couple years ago.
    I agree. I emailed the seller, but he never got back to me. Guess he was more interested in the sale than what he was selling. As long as it appears to be real, that's my main concern. Thanks for the input.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123