Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Real or Not Real, that is the Question.....

Article about: Whether it is noble in the minds of man to suffer outrageous fortune...... What about this Erkennungsmarken gents, what are the opinions and info on this one? It looks interesting. Thanks Re

Default Real or Not Real, that is the Question.....

Whether it is noble in the minds of man to suffer outrageous fortune......

What about this Erkennungsmarken gents, what are the opinions and info on this one? It looks interesting.

Thanks
    Regards, Steve
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Real or Not Real, that is the Question.....   Real or Not Real, that is the Question.....  

Last edited by Kilroy Was Here; 07-06-2010 at 12:32 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Real or Not Real, that is the Question.....
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Real or Not Real, that is the Question.....

Well a very, very few units are listed as having one or more 'Ost-Kompanie', and it's kind of odd to have it supposedly as a direct part of an Infanterie-Division; plus I don't find anything in the 7. ID's listing about Ost-Kompanien. So it's certainly an odd Erkennungsmarke (-en is plural ) on that account if no other. I've seen that 'LH' mark before too but don't know what it means.

So, can't say it's real, can't say it's fake- just odd and for that reason alone it's probably better left be...
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

?

Hello,
    LH stands for Landeseigene Hilfskraft.

Quote by Matt L View Post
    Well a very, very few units are listed as having one or more 'Ost-Kompanie', and it's kind of odd to have it supposedly as a direct part of an Infanterie-Division; plus I don't find anything in the 7. ID's listing about Ost-Kompanien. So it's certainly an odd Erkennungsmarke (-en is plural ) on that account if no other. I've seen that 'LH' mark before too but don't know what it means.

So, can't say it's real, can't say it's fake- just odd and for that reason alone it's probably better left be...

Hi Matt, thanks for the info. Some details you mention i do not understand, not so advanced with these tags.

Do you think it is a real one after looking more? and if so, it is a rare then?
    This was a Russian Volunteer?

Regards, Steve

Quote by Stacez View Post
    Hello,
    LH stands for Landeseigene Hilfskraft.

Hi, thank you. I put these two German words through 2 different computer translators, and the first two translations from one, and the third, is from second translator. I think maybe the first two are closer to correct? I do not speak German

" Country's own assistant "
    " My country assistant "

"Landeseigene auxiliary power" ???

So, would this tag be for a Russian "volunteer" fighting with the Germans?

Do you feel the tag is Authentic? If it is, is it a Rare variation?

Regards, Steve
    Last edited by Kilroy Was Here; 07-11-2010 at 12:28 PM.

?

Well an Ost unit was a real military unit made of people from eastern European countries- so not volunteers in the way that Hiwis were, for example. They may not have been combat soliders necessarily- in this case the LH would seem to suggest more maybe a workforce? I don't know. And I don't trust anything that I can't prove is real since any bozo with stamps and a disc can make a fake LOL So no, I don't trust that it's authentic since I have questions I can't answer and even if it were real, a rare variant? That suggests desirability or value, which I wouldn't think is the case- save to those interested in Ost units, or Erkennungsmarken in general; to me it'd be completely uninteresting since I only collect German combat formations. So it's all relative...

Quote by Matt L View Post
    Well an Ost unit was a real military unit made of people from eastern European countries- so not volunteers in the way that Hiwis were, for example. They may not have been combat soliders necessarily- in this case the LH would seem to suggest more maybe a workforce? I don't know. And I don't trust anything that I can't prove is real since any bozo with stamps and a disc can make a fake LOL So no, I don't trust that it's authentic since I have questions I can't answer and even if it were real, a rare variant? That suggests desirability or value, which I wouldn't think is the case- save to those interested in Ost units, or Erkennungsmarken in general; to me it'd be completely uninteresting since I only collect German combat formations. So it's all relative...
    Thanks Matt, it is all relative with everything, you're right. And It is probably a work force like you say, if it IS real. HaHa...I just like things that say Ost on them.
    I don't really collect Erkennungsmarken's really, but somehow after joining this forum, I have ended up with 5 regular type, 2 round copper Volkssturm, and 1 Kreigsmarine gold color tag . I pick them up when I see them cheap, and was also given a few. I showed them all here, and they are real, so I'm happy about that.

Regards, Steve

?

Yeah, I started just wanting one example to kind of fill in my collection of badges medals, munitions, aircraft parts, etc.... they were inexpensive and turned out to be sort of interesting... so I bought one more then one more and at its height, I had almost 300 in my Erkennungsmarke collection LOL