Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

real ss dog tag ?

Article about: is it real ?

Default real ss dog tag ?

is it real ?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture real ss dog tag ?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement real ss dog tag ?
    P
    Many

Default Re: real ss dog tag ?

I'm seeing haloing around many of the characters, I would be inclined to think this is an old blank disc recently restamped.

?

I agree- and it doesn't look at at all like the original I once had in my collection:

real ss dog tag ?

Its roll number is 7490, so it's not impossible the marking changed, but it is a single, dedicated stamp so that seems rather more likely an original unit piece, rather than something they moved to at a much later time. No, it's more likely this one you've posted is simply a fake.
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

Glenn and Matt have it spot on. I dont like it either. Thrown together with not much attention to detail. Especially the "III"

The ''III'' seems to have been made by a tool like a screwdriver.
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

?

Probably- although that's not unrealistic; I've seen Roman Numerals, or at least the top and bottom horizontals, made with what was probably a flat-blade screwdriver. Just a flat line isn't something included with most stamp sets I should think, so the slash and such would have to be made with something else- screwdrivers work perfectly The mix of letters is a laughable attempt to make the disc look more realistic, but all it does is make it look even crappier. Again it is something that's seen, but more often it's one single letter that's replaced because it's easy to see one of 36 or 37 stamps going missing- but this thing has two uppercase fonts, and one lower case all together- it's like someone just mixed three stamp sets up and selected the ones to use at random LOL
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...