Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Relic ERKs from Narva

Article about: Hi guys, just sharing some relics i bought from a fare in Talinn 2 years ago during my digging trip with Paul. The ERK on the left was found next to Grenadier Hill, the one on the right was

Default Relic ERKs from Narva

Hi guys, just sharing some relics i bought from a fare in Talinn 2 years ago during my digging trip with Paul.

The ERK on the left was found next to Grenadier Hill, the one on the right was found somewhere in Sillamäe town and the BWB somewhere in Narva.

Of interest is that the aluminum ERK was deleted and re-stamped/re-issued.

Hope you like them
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Relic ERKs from Narva   Relic ERKs from Narva  

Relic ERKs from Narva   Relic ERKs from Narva  

Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Relic ERKs from Narva
    P
    Many

Thanks for sharing with us!!like this post!!!!

Very nice finds.
    Mybe some day I will be able to go on a dig.
    Thanks for sharing these treasures with us.

John
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

Very good chris.Thanks for sharing them.

Hi guys, thanks.

It's a nice experience John. Paul is organizing digging and battlefield tours twice a year.

?

Both discs are pretty cool- the Artillerie because it's the Stabsbatterie of an AR, not just an Ersatz formation, and as you say the re-marking of the alu one; it's too bad there's no way to know for sure if that one was just re-marked for the same soldier or turned in and re-used for someone else. I'd tend to believe it was the former, given the German system of retaining the same disc from the beginning of service, but then wartime needs must and if guys were making discs from cut-out pieces of ammunition cans, re-using an actual disc is perfectly plausible I would tend to believe it was an early even regardless because the original marking is atypical in its dentoing that it's a Schützen Kompanie of a proper Infanterie-Regiment, and the second marking is the rather early Ersatz to an Infanterie-Regiment, rather than the more usual IEB of that number. So just re-use for the same man would seem for a couple of reasons to be the more likely scenario- keeping the same disc, re-marking, and too early for significant material shortages.
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

Thanks,
    If I get a chance I will look him up.
    Cheers,
    John
    Quote by don_kihotis7 View Post
    Hi guys, thanks.

It's a nice experience John. Paul is organizing digging and battlefield tours twice a year.
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

I prefer the wound badge Chris.

Quote by Matt L View Post
    Both discs are pretty cool- the Artillerie because it's the Stabsbatterie of an AR, not just an Ersatz formation, and as you say the re-marking of the alu one; it's too bad there's no way to know for sure if that one was just re-marked for the same soldier or turned in and re-used for someone else. I'd tend to believe it was the former, given the German system of retaining the same disc from the beginning of service, but then wartime needs must and if guys were making discs from cut-out pieces of ammunition cans, re-using an actual disc is perfectly plausible I would tend to believe it was an early even regardless because the original marking is atypical in its dentoing that it's a Schützen Kompanie of a proper Infanterie-Regiment, and the second marking is the rather early Ersatz to an Infanterie-Regiment, rather than the more usual IEB of that number. So just re-use for the same man would seem for a couple of reasons to be the more likely scenario- keeping the same disc, re-marking, and too early for significant material shortages.
    Wow great analysis Matt. Thanks a bunch for your effort

Quote by harryamb2 View Post
    I prefer the wound badge Chris.
    I have a thing with relics. Both personal items and awards. They are stuff that you know that they were worn or used during battle and when i hold them in hand they spark my imagination.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Relic ERKs from Narva   Relic ERKs from Narva  

Relic ERKs from Narva  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast