Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Research is king. Do some before you buy.

Article about: I got asked recently about a Ekm being flogged on Eprey by a guy in UK. Sadly I did not get a photo of the item in question. Even worse was the fact that some poor soul bought it. The item w

Quote by BrodieBartfast View Post
    Also, a side note. I do wonder if, with the centenary of World War II in 2039, the interest in militaria from the conflict will increase. Obviously it's still a long way off, but something that seems worth thinking about. Especially given the way things are going in regards to political correctness.

B.B.
    I feel the interest will still be there as the American Civil War of 1865 still holds a high interest for many historians ,reenactors and collectors..I feel some interest will always be there ...and with the Third Reich period ....the Swastika is the hood ornament that leads that period throughout history.

the PC crowd can do their best ...but where there is an interest in anything ..then there is a survival.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Research is king. Do some before you buy.
    P
    Many

I'm not sure I agree that prices of militaria are going to drop to half their value, nice thought but as far as I can tell the prices have been steadily rising ever since the end of the war. What is interesting is the observation as to whether values, or interest will wain as the first hand memories fade away. On the positive front this appears unlikely as values of WW1 medals has not diminished recently. The biggest threat is the sheer amount of fake, fantasy items that are around. In another few years these may be sufficiently worn to pass as the real thing.

My original observation was the sheer idiosy of not recognising the unlikelihood of a Blue Division member being taken POW and then being placed in a UK camp. Sometimes excitement can take over as that fool and his money can get parted. No problem with being enthusiastic about the hobby, that is what makes it fun to talk with fellow "nutcases" about it. But just take a moment to ask yourself if that item really is the real deal. Let's put those fake dealers out of business and make it as hard as anything for them to peddle their trash.

?

We have provided a number of research areas in this section to assist those buying or wanting to authticate EKM tolearn and study yet it appears that the majority of those who are first time posters are not willing to actually use those research areas themselves and just want a quick answer from someone else who has taken the time to research and study , the way of the modern world i'm afraid in all walks of life .
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12