Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

s.SS Pz.Abt.502

Article about: So far a friend found one "Stab/s.SS Pz.Abt.502" made of aluminium on the break through way of the pocket 15 years ago and two obviously field made aluminium versions with "sc

Default s.SS Pz.Abt.502

So far a friend found one "Stab/s.SS Pz.Abt.502" made of aluminium on the break through way of the pocket 15 years ago and two obviously field made aluminium versions with "schw.SS Pz.Abt.502" were found in pow camp Calbe near Elbe river the last 10 years by Mr.Magenband and I think by Meskalin. One person who burries KIA soldiers on cemetry told me that allegedly although some stainless steel with "Stab/s.SS Pz.Abt.502" are known. Most of them shurely wore the discs of their former unit or from the SS Pz.A.u.E.Rgt. or SS Pz.Ers.Abt. Some years ago another friend found 80 unissued discs of SS Pz.Ers.Abt. witch I am shure were taken by 502 from training camp Sennelager to the Front for beeing issued when needed.
    Seems if number 1 to 5 were issued..6 to 20 were not.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture s.SS Pz.Abt.502   s.SS Pz.Abt.502  

Last edited by Pervitin; 01-01-2019 at 10:06 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement s.SS Pz.Abt.502
    P
    Many

I haven't got another to compare it to, but these don't look like real ones I have seen in the past. Can anyone provide any other evidence that such type were ever issued - can anyone provide a Soldbuch entry from a former SS tanker that cites such an ekm entry?

I'm not convinced yet.

1.Sw.SS.Pz.A.502 Dog tag

The versions shown in that threat are the only ones I've ever seen + one or two poor fakes in www and + the one in aluminium from "Stab/s.SS Pz.Abt.502" that I believe is although not a fake. I think in fact only 5 ID discs of 3 kompanie were issued and only 20 were made at all. And from the 5 that were issued maybe 2 have melted in destroyed Tiger II between Oder and Elbe, two are still lying in the sand south of Berlin and the last one may be lying in a pow camp.

?

The ones shown in this thread don't look like the one shown by Meskalin in the other thread. Meskalin knows a lot about SS erkennungsmarken and should be able to help out when he sees this thread. Also, I suggest you take better and clear pictures of the emarken when they're cleaned of all the sand. Without the sand the details of the stampings should be better to see.

Regards, Rik

Quote by Pervitin View Post
    1.Sw.SS.Pz.A.502 Dog tag

I think in fact only 5 ID discs of 3 kompanie were issued and only 20 were made at all. And from the 5 that were issued maybe 2 have melted in destroyed Tiger II between Oder and Elbe, two are still lying in the sand south of Berlin and the last one may be lying in a pow camp.
    It seems a little odd to even produce only 20 ekm. I'm also at a bit of a loss to even begin to understand what information your other comments are based upon. Hopefully Meskalin can shed some more light on this thread.

@Dschop..one more picture.

Kind regards
    Pervitin
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture s.SS Pz.Abt.502  

Hello, as already written I had shown in another topic schonmal a brand of this unit.

I do not like these brands. I just do not like them. These large numbers are often used at different units.

It makes sense to produce only a small number of brands.
    A small hoard. It disarmed a small group of SS Panzer soldiers.

Many years ago there was a hoard by SS T Stuba Oranienburg Marken, they were found on the Elbe. They were all copies.

Back to the topic.

I consider these brands shown to be very questionable. I would not include her in my collection.

The pictures are horrible!