Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Schtz.Feld.E.K.8/8

Article about: Hello, Can anybody help me with identification of this unit: Schtz.Feld.E.K.8/8 Some guy asked the same question in another forum but the answer he received it's not right in my opinion. The

?

Default Schtz.Feld.E.K.8/8

Hello,

Can anybody help me with identification of this unit:

Schtz.Feld.E.K.8/8

Some guy asked the same question in another forum but the answer he received it's not right in my opinion. Therefore I want to try find out here.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Schtz.Feld.E.K.8/8
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Schtz.Feld.E.K.8/8

That's a pretty uncommon marking to be sure- the first part would be:

Schützen-Feldersatz-Kompanie 8

And the final 8 would indicate the Bataillon or Regiment- but I have no information that confirms just which it would be; it could be Feldersatz-Bataillon 8, or it could possibly be Infanterie-Regiment 8. As I say, it's a very odd marking, not standard at all so it's anyone's guess just what the parent unit is. It's possible that it could be a formal 'Schützen' unit (later called Panzergrenadier), but since it's specifically with the description of the Kompanie, and in that place it may simply mean 'rifleman'. Normally the 4., 8., and 12. Kompanien are MG and mortar, not rifle Kompanien, however this is a Feldersatz-Kompanie, not a regular Regiment Kompanie, so it's not necessarily the case here.
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

?

Thank you Matt L for your assistance. I see we have similar approach to the higher echelon of this company.

?

Well marked the way it is- just an '8'- suggests it must be perfectly obvious and not anything that would be difficult to discern- but then sometimes I'm left wondering what some peoples' definitions of obvious were...
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...