Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Selection of Erkennungsmarken from my collection

Article about: Hello: As I am the latest memeber to join your forum I post a selection of tags in my collection. Any comments are welcome: 1º Is a tag of a Grossdeutschland member, he was transferred to GD

?

Default Selection of Erkennungsmarken from my collection

Hello:

As I am the latest memeber to join your forum I post a selection of tags in my collection.
    Any comments are welcome:

1º Is a tag of a Grossdeutschland member, he was transferred to GD but he kept the tag of his original unit.
    2º A selection of dog tags of different units , the Nederland came out with the totenkops badge depicted below.
    3º A selection of luftwaffe tags being ( fallschrimjager and HG regiment)
    4º Kriegsmarine dog tag ( all two tags are from the same sailor wich probably belonged to an Athlantic defense garrison and fell prisoner in 1944)
    5º Foreign volunteers tags the pic came along the Croatian tag.
    6º An Afrikakorps feldgendarme dog tag, he was wounded in Tunis and made prisoner in US.
    7º A german medic dog tag along documents.

Hope you like them.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Selection of Erkennungsmarken  from my collection   Selection of Erkennungsmarken  from my collection  

Selection of Erkennungsmarken  from my collection   Selection of Erkennungsmarken  from my collection  

Selection of Erkennungsmarken  from my collection   Selection of Erkennungsmarken  from my collection  

Selection of Erkennungsmarken  from my collection  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Selection of Erkennungsmarken  from my collection
    P
    Many

A nice selection

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Good selection I like your style. Do you know anything about your Luftwaffe coded tags?

?

Thanks.
    Yes, top one is Stab. fallschirmjäger ergänzungs bataillon ( 7th Flieger division )
    and the other one is 2Kp fallschirmjäger arme nachrichten reg.

?

Nice discs The GD soldier's one in particular is wonderful- it shows clearly how a man's field unit may be impossible to guess from his Erkennungsmarke

I have 63125 also listed as the MOB Nr. of 1.- 3. FJ Ers. Btl. d. Fliegerdivision 7; Stab and 1.-3. FJ Ausb. Btl. Salzwedel; and Stab I./ FJ Ergänzungs Regiment 1 Stendal. 62808 is listed as being 2. (LL)/ Luftwaffen-Abteilung 7, 2./ Luftwaffen-Abteilung 41, I./ Fallschirm-Armee Nachrichten-Regiment 1 and 21.

Could you post big pictures of the SS ones? It's impossible to really see details properly from the one above.
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

?

Hello Matt:

Thanks for your comments. That's one thing I always found hard to understand why share the same number to several units that could add confusion at the moment of indentificating a fallen soldier.
    Another question that I was never able to answer what does the bold T meant in the FJ tags? I,ve checked books and post about the subjet but no one seems to know.

Regarding the SS tags here you have detailed pics.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Selection of Erkennungsmarken  from my collection   Selection of Erkennungsmarken  from my collection