Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sicherheitspolizei Einsatz ID Tag

Article about: Well hucks, that's another issue- soldiers carried discs from the very first unit they joined, usually a replacement unit, not one from whatever field unit they ended-up serving in; this one

?

Default Re: Sicherheitspolizei Einsatz ID Tag

Well hucks, that's another issue- soldiers carried discs from the very first unit they joined, usually a replacement unit, not one from whatever field unit they ended-up serving in; this one's no replacement unit, however as I said it's not military so the system may be different. Sicherheitspolizei is simply security police, so nothing obviously secret, etc. and obviously if there were more than 21000 men involved, they wouldn't be all field guys, but lots of clerks, administrators, etc.; what is it that's said- there are 5 support men for every battlefield soldier or something like that? And I don't know if the things some of these units were involved in was what they were originally designed for, so if not, there'd be no reason to 'hide' anything- even if it were so, at the time the name doesn't suggest anything so wouldn't be a tip-off as it were. We can't consider such things by looking back knowing what we know now.

I couldn't say specifically what it might be worth ado- I only collected military discs, so the valuations of non-military ones weren't my area; the same general ideas apply though- issued is more interesting, thus more valuable than unissued; rarity increases value, but in this case it's not a type that appeals to the vast majority of collectors (who are interested in military units) so its rarity isn't so much an issue because the market is very different and so on. Smaller market means even very rare stuff isn't worth as much.
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Sicherheitspolizei Einsatz ID Tag
    P
    Many

Quote by Matt L View Post
    Sicherheitspolizei is simply security police, so nothing obviously secret....... And I don't know if the things some of these units were involved in was what they were originally designed for, so if not, there'd be no reason to 'hide' anything.
    The Sicherheitspolizei was the combined name for the Gestapo & Kripo but I think it ceased to officially exist after September 1939 as it was merged into the RSHA although its terms remained in use. As for the Einsatzgruppen/kommandos they were formed for one purpose only and that was to purge the conquered territories of Jews.

?

Well if the former is clearly provable with formal references, then that's one possible indicator of a problem since the disc does not look pre-war - the vast majority if not all of those were aluminum; zinc seems a wartime non-strategic metal for Erkennungsmarken, although aluminum did continue to be used. I'm doubtful this disc, with a number as high as 21700 would be anything but wartime, but if you're right and the designation 'Sicherheitspolizei' didn't apply after 9. 1939, then that's a problem. I, myself, have no idea- this kind of thing holds no interest so I've never studied it. It is a common faker mistake to either create units, or use incorret nomenclature; that being said, it has no real indicators and in fact, as I first pointed out, has one that says real not fake...
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

When it comes to the make of the tags I know absolutely zilch so the +/- 's I wouldn't have a clue bout in that respect.
    I have been doing some digging and a few of these have turned up through the years with some thinking Yes & some No in terms of authenticityl. Here are some more that have been discussed...
    Sicherheitspolizei Erkennungsmarke?? - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums
    ID Disc Sicherheits Polizei Einsatz-Kdo - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

Hello! For me it is original, see mine found in a lake near Brussel.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Sicherheitspolizei Einsatz ID Tag  

Hi,
    Looking for such a dog-tag for my collection...
    Tnx

Hello,
    The letters inside have these thin lines...is this standard in the production of such dog tags?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Sicherheitspolizei Einsatz ID Tag   Sicherheitspolizei Einsatz ID Tag  

Sicherheitspolizei Einsatz ID Tag  

This one looks as though someone has drawn black into the stamp at some point, I don’t see an issue with it. The font looks identical to the other original examples.

Thank you and Happy New Year!

Nice one

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast