Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Some help about this SS tag (Disc).

Article about: Good afternoon friends of the forum, I was interested in buying this dog tag, but dog tags are not my specialty, somebody help me in relation to this, will it be original? Does anyone know h

Default Some help about this SS tag (Disc).

Good afternoon friends of the forum, I was interested in buying this dog tag, but dog tags are not my specialty, somebody help me in relation to this, will it be original? Does anyone know how to identify? Thanks for the help.

Some help about this SS tag (Disc).Some help about this SS tag (Disc).Some help about this SS tag (Disc).Some help about this SS tag (Disc).Some help about this SS tag (Disc).Some help about this SS tag (Disc).Some help about this SS tag (Disc).Some help about this SS tag (Disc).Some help about this SS tag (Disc).Some help about this SS tag (Disc).

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Some help about this SS tag (Disc).
    P
    Many

It's almost certainly an original tag. It's whether the lettering was stamped period or by fakers that will be the main concern. Depending on when this was done, it can be very difficult to distinguish.
    There are others on this forum who know EKMs like the backs of their hands.
    Hopefully they put in an appearance sometime soon and lend their knowledge. But if I had to make a guess, and this is an uneducated guess, I'd say it was fine.

B.B.

Thank you very much for your help, wait for more opinions, thanks.

Welcome JJFreire,
    This tag does follow the correct layout for an SS Kav Ersatz und Ausbildungs Abt Marsch Schwadron. However the haphazard way in which it is stamped makes me suspicious. The unit were involved in the Warsaw uprising and was destroyed in Bohemia Mahren. It is rare if original. Personally I am not happy with it. If anyone has one in their collection it would be good to compare.

I see evidence of haloing therefore I'm leaning towards a recent-ish restamp.

The lettering/fonts are nothing I have seen before.

The seller told me that it was original and very rare, hence my doubt, I also never seen an equal one... Thanks for your opinions!

The original Marsch Schwadron tags I have seen, including the one in Jean Höidal EKM book had machine stamped details other than the stammrollnummer, which was hand stamped. Your example is completely hand stamped, hence the red flag.

Do the originals have Waffen on the rear,

ps nice to see Glenn posting.

Quote by greatwhite View Post
    Do the originals have Waffen on the rear,

ps nice to see Glenn posting.
    No they don't and yes it is