Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Some random tags?!

Article about: Over here in Sweden the price is more often near the equivalent of \\$ 50 for a german dog tag. We get hordes of fake SS-ones mostly. Maybe Im looking at the wrong places. If there is more swe

Default Some random tags?!

Guys,

I have been struggling to take photos of these, I see now it is best done in natural light without flash.

No doubt some duffers among them as this is not really my main interest.

Matt I have struggled also with some of the civil abreviations, maybe you have a better idea?

More to follow got to go and fetch my nipper.

Jock
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Some random tags?!   Some random tags?!  

Some random tags?!   Some random tags?!  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Some random tags?!
    P
    Many

Default Re: Some random tags?!

great selection of tags....

Back home,

some more pics.

Jock
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Some random tags?!   Some random tags?!  

Quote by jock auld View Post
    Guys,

I have been struggling to take photos of these, I see now it is best done in natural light without flash.

No doubt some duffers among them as this is not really my main interest.

Matt I have struggled also with some of the civil abreviations, maybe you have a better idea?

More to follow got to go and fetch my nipper.

Jock

WOW JOCK!!!

That'll keep him busy!! Seriously though, i wasn't aware of these civilian tags. Where they issued to factory workers or others too? Is the purpose of them for i.d. in case their place of work was bombed and they became casulties?

Cheers, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by big ned View Post
    WOW JOCK!!!

That'll keep him busy!! Seriously though, i wasn't aware of these civilian tags. Where they issued to factory workers or others too? Is the purpose of them for i.d. in case their place of work was bombed and they became casulties?

Cheers, Ned.
    Ned,

I think they are military type offices or linked to the war effort some how and would therfore be on allied target lists? So I would guess that you are right in that it would be for casuaty ID. I have no idea what they all are?! I hope Matt can crack a few.

Jock

Cheers jock!
    That sure was a fair amount of tags.
    Since you say tags is not your main interest, how come you have so many?
    Are they aquired within Germany, or from other sources?
    Thanks for showing us.

Best regards
    Anders

?

There no civil abbreviatures. Just some of them is non combatant tags, as a W B K- Wehr Besitz Kommando, instrumental Park, and other Heeres Beamter, Bau, and Tech troops tags, but they are even rare than a combat
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

?

That's a nice little collection you have there Jock- I don't see any 'duffers' at all- some are really quite neat actually like the 'Radf. z. Inf. Rgt.', and the one with the complete word 'Stammbatterie' and the pointilistic blood group letters- all uncommon and interesting. The original neck cords are nice too- rather difficult to find in general. The black and white one is cool- a holdover from WWI when the state colours were used by various Regiments- black and white is Prussian, for example.
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

Guys,

Thats about a quarter of them, I will post the rest over the week end.

They have been picked up in Germany over about 21 years service most very cheep, the most ever was the Pioneer tag last week at €12. These used to be around DM 3-5 which was a quid - quid and a half. They were not that popular in the 80s so I would always pick them up since back then I had less income. With Ebay they seem to have become more popular.

Jock

?

Wow- a pound... I'd have been in heaven- and broke all the time LOL Cheapest I ever got a disc for was about $12USD and more often $15-$20, not counting the odd time I was the only bidder on ebaY.de and got something for 8 or 9 Euros- and that is certainly no more.
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast