Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

SS ART REGT Repro/fake...I love it

Article about: No wuckas.......

Default Re: SS ART REGT Repro/fake...I love it

Quote by AMTG View Post
    Dont we all sit here all day and night with our eyes glued to the screen, refreshing every thirty seconds to see wht new posts there are???? Maybe it's just me!!!!

Wouldn't havectongo to finland to see where the sun don't shine, haven't seen the sun in Sydney for a while!!!
    I do that...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS ART REGT Repro/fake...I love it
    P
    Many

?

Interesting turn of events....I have been offered a few hundred dollars by two militaria dealers for this disk! I visited my local dealer today and showed him the disk fo a laugh, he consulted some books, the other dealer in the store who is an SS collector, grabbed it and looked at it carefully thru magnifying glasses and compared it to a few he had in his own collection and both gave it the thumbs up....thy both offered 250 and 300 respectively....

Think I might keep it

What happened to ;
    Code:
    And believe me, I know how personal these are, I still wear mine from my 18 years in the army and two war zones....that's why I got this one becsuse it didn't belong to anyone....
    I was about to "like" that quote....
    It is one of the reason's why I wouldn't have one in my collection, ever!
    |<
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Quote by AMTG View Post
    Interesting turn of events....I have been offered a few hundred dollars by two militaria dealers for this disk! I visited my local dealer today and showed him the disk fo a laugh, he consulted some books, the other dealer in the store who is an SS collector, grabbed it and looked at it carefully thru magnifying glasses and compared it to a few he had in his own collection and both gave it the thumbs up....thy both offered 250 and 300 respectively....

Think I might keep it
    I think the 'northerners' sometimes think us 'southerners' are are a bit touched by the Aussie sun - but there are experts the world over and that's a fact. Be a shame if a little oval disc starts a forum rift ......
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

?

I'm not here to cause rifts, just updating......

As to my personal standing on dog tags, well there is a conundrum involved....for the time being I'm content to look after this one for a bit, but I will not take money for it...

It may sound hypocritical, but seeings as I came by this item as a fake, and now there is a "possibility" of it being authentic, I'm not inclined to automatically pass it off and banish it from my collection

ive got a fake ss cap it could go with ha ha its somwere in a box in the shed.

?

SS kit is certainly a mine field

Have a look for yourself http://www.lexikon-der-wehrmacht.de/...tillerieSS.htm there was never an SS ART RGT 161, so if the unit never existed there is no possibility of the disc being genuine. The 'dealers' you mention aren't very experienced it seems.

?

Good point Glenn the faker of this disc wasn't even bright enough to know his history but that is often the case with fakes !! Don't get too exited AMTG the EK is clearly a fake and for quite a few reasons one of which Glenn has pointed out , what you have proved is the Australian militaria dealers know nothing about Erkennungsmarke , so i'd be very careful if they have any for sale !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

Gentlemen,

The disc to me is still the same as it was yesterday....im not getting all excited over it as I never intend to sell it.....but please, I dont see the point of casting doubt on dealers here....I have been dealing with this bloke for nearly a year, he is very knowledgeable, all the items I have bought from him have all "passed muster" here....I dont go into things blindly and I take all advice with a grain of salt....Just because we are far from Europe doesnt mean we are any less collectors or dealers....
    Its unfortunate that I have noticed a lot of snippy, elitist comments recently on the forum.... its a shame

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast