Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS Ausbildungs Regt. Erkennungsmarken

Article about: Hi, could you please tell me if this is a genuine item or not? Thank you. It says "3/SS - Ausbildungs - Rgt. Prag" on one side and "B 524" on the other. I take it that it

Default SS Ausbildungs Regt. Erkennungsmarken

Hi, could you please tell me if this is a genuine item or not? Thank you.
    It says "3/SS - Ausbildungs - Rgt. Prag" on one side and "B 524" on the other.
    I take it that it was supposed to be a training regt??
    Tom
    PS
    The yellow circle is the dealers price tag.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Ausbildungs Regt. Erkennungsmarken   SS Ausbildungs Regt. Erkennungsmarken  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Ausbildungs Regt. Erkennungsmarken
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: SS Ausbildungs Regt. Erkennungsmarken

I think the Ausbildungs-Regiment Prag disc is probably real- I have a photo of one I saved in my 'authentic' database some years ago that I must have had a good reason for putting there LOL The other one I have no idea about- I've not seen anything like that exactly; it could be anything including a fake.

Yes, it's a training unit, listed as having 12 rifle companies- but there's nothing more than it was created to train some 3000 17-year-old recruits, and then disbanded in early 1943. A strange unit to be sure.
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

Thanks Matt. The two photos are actually both sides of the same disc. If you think this is still good, does $160 sound too high a price to ask and is it a rare disc to find?
    Tom

?

Oh, duh- whoops LOL Right, okay then a blood group and serial number, that makes sense. I wouldn't pay $160 for it- nothing super amazing really save it's somewhat odd nature, but then I don't actively collect SS stuff and prefer standard combat formations anyway. SS discs are always difficult to value really given the abnormal range of people who may be interested. So I can't advise whether or not it's a good buy for you I'm afraid Tom.

Thanks again Matt. I really appreciate your input. So it is real...I always thought they were only stamped on one side. Shows what I still have to learn.
    Tom

?

Oh no- while it's not common to have some markings on the back, it's not unheard of; I've had at least two SS discs with the Stammrollennummer on the back- I can't recall any regular Wehrmacht, but it's not impossible to be sure.

Great! Now to see if the dealer will drop his price.
    Tom

?

Yeah, good luck with that LOL

I've never bought from dealers- prices usually too jacked-up from what's realistic. Then again in today's economy, maybe they're more reasonable overall? That one definitely no though- even $100 is excessive I think. Really unless SS stuff is all you're interested in Tom, I'd save the money and go for a whole bunch of nice regular Wehrmacht discs instead; myself, I always found it hard to balance 5 non-SS discs vs. one that is- it's even more out of balance depending on the SS disc...

I hear you Matt. The trouble is that locally we don't have much to choose from and buying from overseas has it's own problems. If he still wants over $100 I'm leaving it. Thanks again for your help.
    Tom

PaulPanzer
    ?

Hello, this dog tag is 100% real, I can confirm this! I have one original from the 1. Kompanie

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast