Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

SS-Bewährungs-Abt Prague?

Article about: SS-Bewährungs-Abt Hey guys I believe this is "Probation" Battalion Prague. This disk was found in Demyansk this spring and I would like opinions on the unit translation. It was fou

?

Default SS-Bewährungs-Abt Prague?

SS-Bewährungs-Abt

Hey guys I believe this is "Probation" Battalion Prague.

This disk was found in Demyansk this spring and I would like opinions on the unit translation. It was found with the pioneer disk.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS-Bewährungs-Abt Prague?   SS-Bewährungs-Abt Prague?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS-Bewährungs-Abt Prague?
    P
    Many

Very interesting, and I believe you are spot on units designation.

?

Bewährungs-Abteilung der Waffen-SS (Chlum/ SS-Tr.Üb.Pl. "Böhmen") existed , that's the only one i can find listed
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

Im November 1941 wurde beim SS-Ersatzbatallion "Deutschland" in Prag-Rusin die SS-Bewährungsabteilung, späterer Ersatztruppenteil der Bewährungstruppe der W-SS aufgestellt. Am 10.6.1942 wurde sie dem Kommandeur des SS-Wachbatallions "Prag" unterstellt. [...] Im Herbst 1944 bezog die SS-BewAbt. Garnison in Dublowitz/Böhmen. Aus ihr ging als Straftruppe die SS-Arbeitsabteilung hervor. Die SS-ArbAbt kam über den SS-Trupppenübungsplatz "Heidlager" für den Einsatz bei der HGr. Mitte nach Bobruisk/ Weißruthenien, wo sie der dortigen Nachschubkommandantur der Waffen-SS und Polizei unterstellt war.

In November 1941, the SS Prosecution Division was set up in the SS-Ersatzbatallion "Germany" in Prague-Rusin, and later a replacement part of the W-SS probation group. On June 10, 1942, she was placed under the command of the SS-Wachbatallion "Prague". [...] In the autumn of 1944, the SS-BewAbt. Garrison in Dublowitz / Bohemia. From it the SS-Arbeitsabteilung emerged as a criminal group. The SS-ArbAbt came across the SS-Team "Heidlager" for use at HGr. Center to Bobruisk / White Ruthenia, where they were subordinated to the local police supply station.