Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

SS DF disc

Article about: Welcome Badge from ebay, I do not know what to think. Can you say something about the originality?. I ask because the more fakes, the great exaggeration. Yours jabol

?

Default SS DF disc

Welcome

Badge from ebay, I do not know what to think. Can you say something about the originality?.
    I ask because the more fakes, the great exaggeration.

Yours jabol

Last edited by jabol; 11-23-2010 at 10:37 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS  DF disc
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: SS DF disc

This one's popular for questions- I had two friends ask my opinion when it came up for auction. It's tough to say- the marking is logical, and there are no obvious errors; it is a different font than the one Jean Höidal shows in his book, but we have no idea what the evidence is for that one being real either and I find a number of the discs he shows dubious. Plus it's Stammrollennummer is rather higher that this one's so there's always the chance of stamps being changed at some point. The abbreviation alone appears a legitimate way of indicating "Das Reich", and the stamps themselves are of good quality and well placed. The disc is also not a cheap knockoff. The 'SS-Verfügungstruppe' mark this disc's reverse is nice-looking and there's no halo around the letters or other indication it's an original old disc with newer markings or anything. So I, myself, don't see anything clearly wrong. That doesn't mean it's good though.

I've been told that some have already called it a fake but unless they know something specific about the construction of this particular example that I don't, I don't see just why; I couldn't call it bad with any more confidence than I could say it's real. Sadly the fakers have really ruined SS disc collecting to the point that if something isn't known to be authentic, or really, really looks it, we're left with significant doubt. Perhaps someone has another example of this disc and can help?
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

?

Default Re: SS DF disc

Welcome
    Thanks for the comment, we actually saw each plate is different. So it is difficult to do something comparable.
    Thanks and regards.