MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

SS Grenadier halkf EKM found in Latvia

Article about: I recently got this piece in the mail, and unfortunately it inst mine A friend of mine wanted an authentic SS EKM, so I bought it from my Latvian buddy who found it recently, and im going to

Default SS Grenadier halkf EKM found in Latvia

I recently got this piece in the mail, and unfortunately it inst mine A friend of mine wanted an authentic SS EKM, so I bought it from my Latvian buddy who found it recently, and im going to sell it to my friend for the same price I paid. Us collectors have to look out for each other LoL Just thought I should share it with you guys before I ship it out. This was a VERY recent metal detector find. Found only a few weeks ago.

Best regards- Jarret

PS- I apologize for the spelling error in the title, I type too fast at times LoL

SS Grenadier halkf EKM found in LatviaSS Grenadier halkf EKM found in Latvia

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Grenadier halkf EKM found in Latvia
    P
    Many

An interesting battlefield relic. A real piece of history that was 'there'. Do you know what happened to the other half, and if this was found in a grave? I know soldiers would sometimes dispose of their dog tags of their own accord, but anything that comes from that area of the world will always have that spectre hanging over it.

B.B.

My Latvian buddy has the other half, hes a collector too LoL. He said when he found it the tag was already separated into two sections. He also said it wasn't found with a body. After the many years of dealing with him, I trust his word. It defiantly is a interesting relic. Probably tossed for fear of being ID'd as SS. Just wish it was mine

Best regards- Jarret

SS Grenadier halkf EKM found in LatviaSS Grenadier halkf EKM found in Latvia

It's one to be envious of, to be sure. And yes, I can imagine being identified as a member of the SS wouldn't go down well with your Soviet captors. At least you got a look at it before passing it on!

B.B.

Quote by BrodieBartfast View Post
    It's one to be envious of, to be sure. And yes, I can imagine being identified as a member of the SS wouldn't go down well with your Soviet captors. At least you got a look at it before passing it on!

B.B.
    Who knows, I might be able to convince him to sell me the other half

Best regards- Jarret

Hello to all.
    Beautiful and original erkennungsmarke. I contribute with the photo of mine.

SS Grenadier halkf EKM found in Latvia

Nice collection of Latvian volunteers ekm. The unit was not of the highest calibre and ceased to be much after July 1944, being overun on the Lativa, Lithuanian border. those who survived were certainly keen to avoid capture, they would still have plenty of support within their homeland. Good to see both halves, in different collections!

Hello Friends. I do not know the correct answer to everything and maybe this is a well known label and may be the latvians have mistaken the labeling..but normally it must be "SS Gren.A.u.E.Btl. 15 and not "Abt".15..

A beautiful Latvian brand.
    The Unit was set up at the 01.11.1943 in Mitau (Latvia) and extends from the 15.04.1944 to the training Brigade.