Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

SS ID 2/SS-Pi-Ausb.Btl.2 -original or fake?

Article about: Hello Guys, i woud like to hear your opinion about this SS Dog-tag. I have some doubts, but never knoww...So what you thinking about, let me know guys. Original or Regards Tomek

Default SS ID 2/SS-Pi-Ausb.Btl.2 -original or fake?

Hello Guys, i woud like to hear your opinion about this SS Dog-tag. I have some doubts, but never knoww...So what you thinking about, let me know guys. Original or
    Regards Tomek
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS ID  2/SS-Pi-Ausb.Btl.2 -original or fake?   SS ID  2/SS-Pi-Ausb.Btl.2 -original or fake?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS ID  2/SS-Pi-Ausb.Btl.2 -original or fake?
    P
    Many

I don't like it. Happy to be proven wrong but there are multiple anomalies IMO.

Sans serif font, very high stammrollen number for a simple company, the reverse stamping looks to be individually stamped. Perhaps a field replacement disc but that is a bit of a reach. If offered to me, I would pass.

?

Not sure about the tag myself, Here is some reference on the unit: SS-Pionier-Ausbildungs-Bataillon 2 in Passau - Einheiten der Waffen-SS - Forum der Wehrmacht

You will have to read German or google translate. The blood type and the B in "Btl" look to be different font sets that is a plus.

It's a made up tag from an old blank. Rubbish.