Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

SS ID tag: format based on training or?

Article about: Hi, my name is Corneel. I recently registered after frequent visits. I hope someone can help me with the following question. My uncle got missed in action in 1944 in Courland and I am wonder

Default SS ID tag: format based on training or?

Hi, my name is Corneel. I recently registered after frequent visits.

I hope someone can help me with the following question. My uncle got missed in action in 1944 in Courland and I am wondering how his erkennungsmarke would have looked like.

He signed as a volunteer (SS Panzer Grenadier Freiwilliger Legion Niederlande) in mid 1943 and got his training in Sennheim FPN 48524B. (he used this FPN on his first letters)
    I understand that an ID is based on where you received your training..
    under normal circumstances how should his dog tag look like?

His last letter however came after Narva battle, written in Konju (Walfara) sept.44. On this letter he used FPN 35194 (11.SS Penal Comp/Bewährungs-kompanie)
    I can imagine he was seen as a drop-out (P.U.) and likewise threathened? Other ID ??

Thanks in advance!

Corneel

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS ID tag: format based on training or?
    P
    Many

?

I'm not sure what you mean by a dropout, but if he was in a penal batallion then it would have been because he had broken the rules somehow. FPN obviously stands for Feldpostnummer.

I believe this is what his dog-tag would have looked like.
    Taken from Kepi Blanc's thread:
    SS Nederland

Regards,
    Bas
    Last edited by Gimmie; 03-07-2017 at 09:27 PM.

Quote by Gimmie View Post
    Taken from another WRF thread.

Regards,
    Bas
    If you are not the owner of this photo, please give credit to whom it belongs.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Hi, tnx for your replies.
    Sorry for asking but are you sure about this example because I've read somewhere that the format and info on a tag was based on where you ve been trained first and rarely gets changed later.
    In his case as a Panzer Grenadier Freiwilliger Legion Nederland in Ausbildungslager Sennheim / fpn 48524B / B = kompanie 2

tnx in advance

regs C

With format I meant what's literately written on the tag, in what order and with what abbrevations.

tns

Could it be he was with the General Seyffardt? They were practically destroyed during the withdrawal around Narva.

Quote by Corneel View Post
    With format I meant what's literately written on the tag, in what order and with what abbrevations.

tns
    As you are a relative of a former serving member of the German armed forces you can get all the information from the Deutsches Dienstelle in Berlin, WaSt. Write to them and the information they have will include his Ekm details as well as where he served and with what units.

?

Quote by rbminis View Post
    If you are not the owner of this photo, please give credit to whom it belongs.
    Ralph.
    I've edited the comment.

?

Quote by Corneel View Post

tns
    You can read it on the dogtags?

Regards,
    Bas