Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ss id tag opinions please

Article about: Hi, Are these SS tags authentic and what would be a fair price for these tags. Thank you very much for your help. Bob Sorry for the last image-poor. Thanks again. Bob

rhj
    ?

Default Ss id tag opinions please

Hi, Are these SS tags authentic and what would be a fair price for these tags.
    Thank you very much for your help.
    BobSs id tag opinions pleaseSs id tag opinions pleaseSs id tag opinions please
    Sorry for the last image-poor. Thanks again.
    Bob

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ss id tag opinions please
    P
    Many

Default Re: Ss id tag opinions please

All fakes i think these have been on hear before posted by another member !!

?

Oddly enough I have a photo of that exact Totenkopf disc from back in '04 when it was either shown or listed for sale someplace, and the Nachrichten too...
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

rhj
    ?

Perhaps one of the more knowledgeable members or one of the mods can help by commenting on originality of the tags.
    I would appreciate your help. Thank you.
    Bob

?

Well the Totenkopf and Nachrichten photos I mentioned are both in my real disc database- the embossed T-JR in particular is a typical example of their unique discs; the Nachrichten looks good and has nothing at all suspicious about it (although I can't say 100% for sure it's real); and the Pionier- well fakers don't usually do Ersatz units, they prefer immediately identifiable 'sexy' units, so it's probably fine too- hard to say though because the condition is rough.

Quote by rhj View Post
    Perhaps one of the more knowledgeable members or one of the mods can help by commenting on originality of the tags.
    I would appreciate your help. Thank you.
    Bob
    This is a forum, a place, meeting, or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged; anyone here has the right to comment. Besides, Matt L. has already commented. A person whom I would suggest has an immaculate wealth of knowledge on these ID tags.

Well, Bob- MattL, in my opinion, is probably the most knowledgeable person on German dog tags that I can think of. He's the Moderator of the German Dog Tag forum here. If he says they are good, he's got the data bases and photo galleries to prove it. If these tags came from one of the Moderators here, I'm sure he wouldn't mind you saying his name out loud.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

I would caution members including RHJ to tread carefully in this thread. Please! Keep it on topic. No useless insinuations or baiting is allowed.

5 posts deleted. RHJ yours is deleted for baiting, the rest reactions to the baiting.

Very interesting the JR14 tag, I never knew they had embossed tags, I would have called fake on that one. Similarly the SS-VT, I expect the verfugungstruppe to be a single stamp as per my own example but it seems that isn't a hard and fast rule. You learn something every day!

Ss id tag opinions please

?

Quote by youthcollector1 View Post
    This is a forum, a place, meeting, or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged; anyone here has the right to comment. Besides, Matt L. has already commented. A person whom I would suggest has an immaculate wealth of knowledge on these ID tags.
    Just to clarify, Bob's comment was not meant to be unpleasant or to suggest anything- it was a valid and quite measured and calm response to a bit of silliness that itself was harmless. It's always good policy to not take things written on the Internet, in emails, etc. as offensive unless they're blatantly obviously so- because the exact same text can be perfectly innocent as was the case here. Responding as if it were insulting before finding out if it was meant as such just starts problems that didn't actually exist. So please- everyone, not just Youthcollector1, please don't jump the gun; it's better to automatically believe people aren't being unpleasant. And even if they are, moderators are here to curb the unpleasantness so do please let us take care of it if we see fit. Report a problem rather than posting about it. If I didn't say anything about the couple of odd posts, or his specific request for information, I didn't consider either of them a problem I've known rhj for a long time and he wasn't being the way you thought...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast