Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

ss identity disc

Article about: hello there,just wondered if anybody could tell me if this is real and what it is worth ive been offered it but the guy wants me to make him an offer,but i have no idea what they go for?? it

Default ss identity disc

hello there,just wondered if anybody could tell me if this is real and what it is worth ive been offered it but the guy wants me to make him an offer,but i have no idea what they go for?? it was ground dug in budapest the guy says its a police disc? again i have no idea,sorry the pictures are not great but thats all the pictures he sent me.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture ss identity disc   ss identity disc  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement ss identity disc
    P
    Many

Default Re: ss identity disc

Hello, the SS is very big. In Budapest, it's rare to find good items except in a shop, near the market.

A good one

Quote by lebus12 View Post
    Hello, the SS is very big. In Budapest, it's rare to find good items except in a shop, near the market.
    The guy who is selling it lives over there and he says he dug it up himself?

I have agree the runes are larger than I have seen

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Are those the only photos you have? It's hard to read the text- looks like '4./ SS Pz. Gr. B. 41'- might that be right? If it is, it's a fake. There was no such unit. In fact, the numbers look very much like a known fake type and I wouldn't be surprised if the letters are too. And that 'corrosion' looks just like droplets- which suggests chemical 'age'. If you can get a larger, straight-on photo of the front, we can certainly tell you more. But as it stands, I wouldn't touch it and I would be very wary of dealing with that guy- it's highly unlikely he dug that disc up...
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

Quote by Matt L View Post
    Are those the only photos you have? It's hard to read the text- looks like '4./ SS Pz. Gr. B. 41'- might that be right? If it is, it's a fake. There was no such unit. In fact, the numbers look very much like a known fake type and I wouldn't be surprised if the letters are too. And that 'corrosion' looks just like droplets- which suggests chemical 'age'. If you can get a larger, straight-on photo of the front, we can certainly tell you more. But as it stands, I wouldn't touch it and I would be very wary of dealing with that guy- it's highly unlikely he dug that disc up...
    Sorry buts these are the only pictures he has sent me,I can zoom in on the picture I think it says 4./ss.pz.gr8 or grb.14 its got numbers above it 1225 and the blood group a I think?

?

Got to concur with Matt , a unit that did not exist , just leave it and move on !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Ok thanks for the advice guys

?

Oh yeah, right- 14; I was looking at the upside down bottom half and didn't switch the numbers LOL Regardless, if it's SS-Pz Gr B 14, it's still not a real unit- only Panzergrenadier Ersatz formations were organized as Bataillone, a field unit would be a Regiment. And the list shows none with the number 14 either way.
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...