Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS Na Erkennungsmarke SS VT. Need Help Identifying!

Article about: Is it at all possible to research the possible identity of the owner of this Erkennungsmarke? I have no attachment to this piece, and as such, would like to see it be returned to its proper

Default SS Na Erkennungsmarke SS VT. Need Help Identifying!

I was given a disk (both halves, although the disk is broken), in which I'd need help identifying. It reads:

O
    2/SS - Na. 125
    SS - VERFUGUNGSTRUPPE

Obviously The owner had O blood type, was in the 2nd SS. Any help would be great. I have included a picture of the dogtag.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Na Erkennungsmarke SS VT. Need Help Identifying!  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Na Erkennungsmarke SS VT. Need Help Identifying!
    P
    Many

Default re: SS Na Erkennungsmarke SS VT. Need Help Identifying!

Here is a pencil etching of the dog tag. I hope it will provide more readable detail.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Na Erkennungsmarke SS VT. Need Help Identifying!  

Combat support troop! This article may be of interest to you.

http://en.allexperts.com/e/s/ss/ss-verfügungstruppe.htm

?

I would say- a interesting and original dogtag for SS Nachrichten( signals) truppe, 2 kompanie. It's not a Nachschub (supply)
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Default Re: SS Na Erkennungsmarke SS VT. Need Help Identifying!

How can you tell the difference between signals and supply? Being 2SS, would this be the Southern SS? I've had this for years, and almost threw away (I left it in a bag I no longer used, went threw the bag, and save the tags).

?

That is the early dogtag, in that time there was no SS divisions, where can be supply unit.
    This is the earliest one before the regiments was created, that is the dogtag from a early period when the units was named as Schar, Sturm, Standarte...
    In that case that is 2 Sturm/ Nachrichten Standarte. circa 1936 year
    No any known supply standarts
    (Regiments DF, G and D named, which laterly came to the Regiments in the newly created divisions is the second stage, and most of this standards was came to that regiments).
    Regards,
    Dimas

The SS Nachrichten Battalion was raised in 1935. It was presented it's colors at Reichsparteitag 1935. They were based in the Berlin area. The initial responsiobilities was to set up a modern communication system for the 1936 Olympic Games. In 1938, they were transfered from Berlin and became a part of th SS-VT Regiment Deutschland. Their first combat was experienced in Holland in 1940.
    Here is a thread on the subject
    Signals unit, SSVT
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

What would the average going price for this item be? I have no personal attachment to these, and do not collect ID disks. I would be willing to sell this disk, should anyone be interested.

?

Personally I 've never sold the tags, but the price depends of condition is between 30-200 USD, for your tag the price must be approx a 100
    Regards,
    Dimas

?

[QUOTE=mwalusko;76407]How can you tell the difference between signals and supply? [\QUOTE]

These early SS are an exception, and as was said, there was no Nachschub for it to be in this case, but normally it would be the unit type (Abteilung, Kolonne, etc.) and the number that would definitely distinguish one from the other.
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast