Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

SS.PZ.AA.11. (Nordland Aufklärungs Abteilung) - fake or not?

Article about: The story is these discs (around 15) were discovered recently from Eastern Estonia. I have one in my hand but I have not purached it jet, can You suggest is this disc original or one of mode

Default SS.PZ.AA.11. (Nordland Aufklärungs Abteilung) - fake or not?

The story is these discs (around 15) were discovered recently from Eastern Estonia. I have one in my hand but I have not purached it jet, can You suggest is this disc original or one of modern fakes? Sorry for bad pictures, stamping is not too clear and I have to figure out how to make better pics of the letters - SS.PZ.AA.11. and number 42.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS.PZ.AA.11. (Nordland Aufklärungs Abteilung) - fake or not?   SS.PZ.AA.11. (Nordland Aufklärungs Abteilung) - fake or not?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS.PZ.AA.11. (Nordland Aufklärungs Abteilung) - fake or not?
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: SS.PZ.AA.11. (Nordland Aufklärungs Abteilung) - fake or not?

As you know SS Panzer Aufkl Abt 11 were in action at Narva and also around Tartu but unfortunately from these photos it is impossible to see the the font / marking etc and to say about originality !!

cheers

Paul
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

I tried to make some better pics but numbers and letters are in bad condition. As You see, numbers are extreemly large for an Erkennungsmarke. I cleaned this disc with Fairy and warm water. Maybe electrolysis will help better?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS.PZ.AA.11. (Nordland Aufklärungs Abteilung) - fake or not?   SS.PZ.AA.11. (Nordland Aufklärungs Abteilung) - fake or not?  

SS.PZ.AA.11. (Nordland Aufklärungs Abteilung) - fake or not?  

?

Sorry, me does not please the EKM… Here times a Orginale. Ground find with Berlin

?

Can make it out now thanks , must admit i've never seen such large numbers on an SS tag or on SS Pz AA 11 tags i've seen before , doesn't look good !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

Yeah, I don't much like this one either- notice how some of the ends of the Trennschlitzen look lik drilled or punched holes? And there looks to be a halo around the stampings, although that could be a result of the mainuplation or cleaning, but if it's really there, that's not good either. The light stamping too is abnormal- overall I'd say it's too dubious to be of any interest.
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

Thank You very much, I just saved my $75.

?

Wonderful- I'm glad you asked before buying
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...