Become our sponsor and display your banner here

SS- Sturmgeschutz disc

Article about: Thanks to Matt I have added this super disc to my collection! As Matt describes it; "The SS-Sturmgeschütz-Ausbildungs-und Ersatz-Abteilung 3 is exceedingly rare- as any Sturmgeschütz pi

Default SS- Sturmgeschutz disc

Thanks to Matt I have added this super disc to my collection!

As Matt describes it;

"The SS-Sturmgeschütz-Ausbildungs-und Ersatz-Abteilung 3 is exceedingly rare- as any Sturmgeschütz pieces are, - because the force was so tiny; the markings are wonderful- the main Sturmgeschütz text is a single long stamp, and the 'associated' nomenclature 'SS-Panzerjäger) added in singly with the Stammrollennummer. Interestingly, the unit was created on 15.8.44 by the redesignation of the SS-Sturmgeschütz-Ausbildungs-und Ersatz-Abteilung (by just adding a 3), but also the addition of 'Panzerjäger' to the mix. It does make some sense since the early Hornisse/Nashorn units in the Heer, for example, were actually specifically denoted as 'Panzerjäger' units despite the use of tank-destroyers and not just guns."

Nick
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	e SS Discs 001.JPG 
Views:	189 
Size:	153.9 KB 
ID:	415268  
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: SS- Sturmgeschutz disc

Wow, that a interesting piece. I bet your wallet got a direct hit when you bought this one

Exuse my ignorance Nick, but have you checked this one, to be certain it is genuine? I always get a little reserved when i see anything made out of metal with "SS" stamped on it.
    Collect ROA, Cossack, Schuma and other WW2 Volunteer militaria.

"Be Humble and kind, for you may find that it was Odin you entertained"

Hi Trond

This is from moderator MattL's collection.

Need I say more

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Because it was such a late-war nomenclature change, I find myself wondering if they ended-up training men on vehicles like the Jagdpanzer IV, Jagdpanther, etc. as well- since those were specifically denoted 'Panzerjäger'; it makes sense that because they're turretless too, people used to training men on the Sturmgeschütz would be best to train on the big self-propelled guns.

Now I'm starting to wish I'd kept it LOL
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

Quote by Matt L View Post
    Because it was such a late-war nomenclature change, I find myself wondering if they ended-up training men on vehicles like the Jagdpanzer IV, Jagdpanther, etc. as well- since those were specifically denoted 'Panzerjäger'; it makes sense that because they're turretless too, people used to training men on the Sturmgeschütz would be best to train on the big self-propelled guns.

Now I'm starting to wish I'd kept it LOL
    Phew, glad I got in there early

Nick

?

great addition Nick , soon be time too show them all off

One word "beautiful"nick and congratsregards minnie

Thanks guys !

Nick

Congrats on your new addition mate.
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

Thanks my friend!!

Nick