Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS tag --- St. Kp. H. SS. u. P.F. II. d. W. SS

Article about: Does this one make any sense? I kind of like the general look of it, the font etc. and I found no obvious matches in the fake EKM font thread but I'm struggling to figure out some of these a

Default SS tag --- St. Kp. H. SS. u. P.F. II. d. W. SS

Does this one make any sense? I kind of like the general look of it, the font etc. and I found no obvious matches in the fake EKM font thread but I'm struggling to figure out some of these abbreviations --- especially the "P.F." part... any thoughts?

SS tag --- St. Kp. H. SS. u. P.F. II. d. W. SSSS tag --- St. Kp. H. SS. u. P.F. II. d. W. SS

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS tag --- St. Kp. H. SS. u. P.F. II. d. W. SS
    P
    Many

?

I cannot find any abbreviation that would make that tag make sense. So in my opinion it is nonsense. See if you can get any closeups of the back and the type on the front. I am guessing it is a re-stamped disk you would be able to tell if you could see the stamping up close.

Thanks for chiming in! I kind of have that feeling too... I'll see if I can get some close ups from the seller. Looking at it now it also seems as if both halves were stamped at once by a single unit stamp and then had the roster number "34" added afterwards (the latter would of course make sense on genuine tags as well)... just look at the matching angle. Or maybe there's just something here I'm not getting re. the stamping process --- just an observation.

The abbreviations would be for a Stabskompanie [staff company] directly subordinate to a Höherer SS- und Polizeiführer [Higher SS- and Police Leader]. Such units existed, for example there was a Stabskompanie of the Höherer SS- und Polizeiführer Rußland-Süd.

However there are several problems here:

For starters, I have only ever seen "Höherer SS- und Polizeiführer" abbreviated as "HSSPF" (not "H SS u. P. F.") The various HSSPF were identified by geographical designations rather than Roman numerals and the "d. W. SS" = "der Waffen-SS" [of the Waffen-SS] does not make sense to me in combination with the HSSPF designation, either.

Great info --- thanks a lot! However, from what you're saying I guess there would be no circumstance where the added abbreviated "der Waffen-SS" marking would make sense in conjunction with the foregoing "H SS u. P. F." marking.... in other words; surefire fake?

Quote by slados28 View Post
    Great info --- thanks a lot! However, from what you're saying I guess there would be no circumstance where the added abbreviated "der Waffen-SS" marking would make sense in conjunction with the foregoing "H SS u. P. F." marking.... in other words; surefire fake?
    It's the word order that troubles me here.

"Stabskompanie der Waffen-SS beim HSSPF [geographical designation]" would be right, with the "der Waffen-SS" referring to the company rather than the HSSPF.

I find it odd that the sequence should be turned around like that for the abbreviation. Also, as I said, I find the "II" strange.

However, ID tags are outside my collecting interests and area of expertise, so I hesitate to definitely condemn it.

(After all, military abbreviation conventions can be odd at times and the matter of available space on a dog tag might necessitate unusual abbreviations when shortening such overlong designations.)

Thank you once again for the info and clarification! The slightly dubious order issue has been noted and I remain skeptical until I hear more opinions/thoughts. Hope some more of the EKM guys out there can chime in --- I have asked the seller for better photos for now, will post as soon as I get them. For what it's worth I still kind of like the overall look of it, incl. the font.

?

HPL,

Thanks for the great post, I have never seen any HSSP stamped tags so at least it is possible this one is legit.

?

unreaserched id tags

Check that out, another one was posted here 3 years ago.

Saw that one --- unfortunately not the same type, incredibly crude... still interesting though.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast