Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

ss tags?

Article about: I have tried to get Google to translate the Lexikon but for some reason which I do not understand it will only do page two! so I have to ask again for some help please. Although I collect do

Default ss tags?

I have tried to get Google to translate the Lexikon but for some reason which I do not understand it will only do page two! so I have to ask again for some help please. Although I collect dog tags, I only collect one of each type so if the tag is made out of a different metal different shape, or a different country. I have two tags which I would like some help with. One with SS and the other with runes. Maybe some would take the time to use my tags to talk me through using the Lexikon. Even if they both turn out to be fakes!

Tag one.....

ss tags?
    ss tags?

Tag two

ss tags?
    ss tags?

many thanks...... paul.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement ss tags?
    P
    Many

Hello.
    IMO, unfortunately, both tags are not original.
    The first tag seems completely fancy to me.
    The Latvian tag is not compliant, see mine:
    ss tags?

Regards, Giovanni

The abbreviations on your tags:

1. SS SPW(half track) training and replacement battalion

2. Staff Latvian SS volunteer regiment 2

?

SPW - Schützenpanzerwagen (Sd. Kfz. 251 for example).

And I'm with Gianni, they don't look like good erkennungsmarken. They tried to replicate the Lettische emarke, but in the wrong font.
    And the Schützenpanzerwagen unit I can't find any info on. But if anyone has another opinion I am open to feedback.

Regards, Rik

Hi Gianni59 I notice that you tag does not have a blood group, is that normal?......thanks for the info so far......paul.

?

It is not uncommon for SS erkennungsmarken to have the bloodtype stamped on the reverse.

Edit: also, not all SS erkennungsmarken have a bloodtype stamped on them, as SS soldiers often had their bloodtype tattooed on the inside of their arm.
    Last edited by Rik.S; 05-27-2018 at 05:15 PM.

I agree with the diagnosis on the Lettland Ekm. There was at least one SS-SPW-Ausbildungs- und Ersatz-Abteilung Btl that existed in the final months of the war coming from the drafting into the frontline of the SS Grenadiere from the SS-Panzergrenadier-Schule Kienschlag. I haven't got one I can show you but I think that this one might have a chance if it was found in East Prussia originally.

I believe the Latvian tag is from a hoard of unissued tags, hence no blood group. Although not all tags had the blood group on them.